|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Calliope Hm10|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Ares-8a|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 13|
The Nightsky was built as a follow up to the Hatchetman and Axman 'Mechs. The Nightsky is built around a massive Vlar 300 XL Engine that propels the Nightsky up to speeds of 97.2 kph. The Nightsky was intended for close range combat. With a superb ground speed and added maneuverability provided by six HildCo Model 13 jump jets that allow the Nightsky to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters, the Nightsky is a capable heavy recon 'Mech. It is also protected with nine and a half tons of armor, providing the Nightsky with good armor protection for its size.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Nightsky is built with a powerful close range arsenal. The centerpiece of this is a massive four-ton Hatchet that the Nightsky has built into its right arm which allows the 'Mech to cut through another 'Mech's armor. The Nightsky is also armed with a Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Laser for medium to long range firepower and two Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers and a Sutel Precision Line Small Pulse Laser for close range support.
- The 4T is a variant of the Nightsky that looks to make the 'Mech more powerful in both long and close range combat. This is done by removing the Large Pulse Laser. This has been replaced with an ER Large Laser and a Anti-Missile System for added defense against enemy missiles. The 'Mech also adds an additional Small Laser for added close range firepower. BV (1.0) = 1,107, BV (2.0) = 1,287
- The 5T is a modification of the 4S that replaces the Large Pulse Laser with an ER PPC. The 'Mech is otherwise identical to the 4S model. This modification of the 'Mech makes the Nightsky capable of targeting an enemy 'Mech at extreme ranges and wearing them down until the 'Mech can bring its hatchet to bear on its target. BV (1.0) = 1,175, BV (2.0) = 1,356
- This modification of the Nightsky intended to make the 'Mech more durable and gave it a longer life on the battlefield. The 'Mech replaces the 300 XL Engine with a 300 Light Fusion Engine. The 'Mech also removes all of its ranged weaponry and replaces it with seven ER Medium Lasers. When combined with the Hatchet, the 'Mech is a monster, both against Battle Armor and in an urban environment. BV (1.0) = 1252, BV (2.0) = 1,474
In German products the unit's proper name was altered to Nachtschatten, which means Nightshade. The model code was accordingly changed to NTS-4S.
- MUL online date for the Nightsky
- Combat Operations, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 57
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 40, "Nightsky Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 59
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 60
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 61
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 80
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93 Design Quirk Table - Nightsky Entry.
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New