Periphery Star Guard
|Periphery Star Guard|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|CO||Colonel Janice Annapoulis|
Formed from smaller mercenary commands who had worked in the past for the ComStar's Explorer Corps, they were active coreward of the Lyran Alliance. They were best known for having clashed with the Green Ghosts pirate group.
In 3068 their new contract brought them to Poulsbo. Their task was to bolster the Lyran Border against FWL raids. This occurred a few months later when a task force of the Sixth Orloff Grenadiers and the Second Fusiliers of Oriente made planet fall and delivered the defenders (Periphery Star Guard and Harper's Heretics and the local militia) a bloody fight. The remaining lance of the Heretics were integrated into the Guards. Khon Kaen was the next place where they met the Sixth Orloff and again suffered horrendous losses. The command retreated back to Loburg again for rest and refit to secure the StarCorps factories on the planet.
In 3069 the Periphery Star Guard was hired by Interstellar Expeditions and went to Blue Water, a former Rim Worlds Republic world named Monthey. There they rebuilt and trained new warriors, as well as guarding an archeological site based around a sunken Union-class DropShip. After a fight with some pirates, they were hired by Chandrasekhar Kurita.
|Commanding Officers of the Periphery Star Guard|
The Star Guard is specialized in “armed support,” such as engineering, exploration, scouting, and repair.
- Technical 100%
Dragoon Rating: D
- The unit provide escort for the rest of the Guards and are often expected to work independently for extended periods of time, either during long range exploratory missions or during scout patrols.
Star Guard Aerospace(1 Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major Hellen Estevez
- The unit are used for aerospace superiority missions and DropShip escort.
Star Guard Armor(1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Major Franklin Raines
- Medium tanks and IFV for convoy escort and infantry support.
Star Guard Infantry(2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Major Louise Epstein
- XO/2nd Battalion: Major Florence Vermeer
- First Battalion specialized in security assignments support by heavy weapons. The unit had full APC support and an artillery company. - Second Battalion has specialized combat engineers bridge building and fortification construction to mine laying and the destruction of enemy fortifications. Their armored transport units includes VTOLs and two companies of artillery units.
Star Guard Engineers(1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Major Gale Siemens
- They have a broad range of engineering vehicles and equipment for the construction of bases, fortifications, supply depots, and permanent bridges.
Star Guard Naval Support(1 Company/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Commodore Allison Kennedy
- The unit is specialized in aquatic operations.
- Blue Waters
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 54 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 95 - "Unit Profile"