|Reaper Self-Propelled Artillery|
|Use|| Artillery Fire Support |
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||526 km (1 Ton)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Advanced Fire Control|
The Reaper is an early Self-Propelled Artillery Support Vehicle, designed to provide long range fire-support for troops in the field from a considerable distance.
Conceived by one of the first Terran Hegemony Commanding Generals, Field Marshal Mears Coblitz, the Reaper was part of the Field Marshal's effort to modernize the Hegemony Armed Forces leftover Terran Alliance equipment. The Reaper was introduced primarily to support the Hegemony's regiment and brigade-level artillery battalions. The Reaper replaced the old and dated Alliance static, towed, and self-propelled artillery pieces. It was a welcome addition to the HAF's arsenal following the Alliance's long years of neglect towards its army's Artillery Corps. The Reaper's first trial by fire came during the later part of Terra's Campaigns of Persuasion. It would continue to serve until 2348, when it was rendered obsolete by newer designs with what would become standard technology in later centuries. Few examples of the Reaper would remain by the Thirty-first century; by the Dark Age the remaining handful of relics consisted of ceremonial vehicles found on New Earth and Terra.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Reaper utilized what would be termed as Primitive Technology in later years. The Reaper was powered by an Internal Combustion Engine with one ton of fuel. Not necessarily intended for direct combat with it's opponents, the Reaper was given a modest amount of armor protection consisting of 3.5 tons of BAR 6 Armor to safeguard it.
The Reaper's main weapon was its Thumper Artillery Piece with three tons of ammunition. The gun was guided by an Advanced Fire Control used to fire on troops downrange and at incoming aircraft. The Reaper's ammunition bay capacity allowed for different types of ammo to be carried if desired. The Reaper's only self-defense weapon was its front-mounted Small Laser.
- The image of the Reaper was re-purposed from the later Ballista Self-Propelled Artillery Tank. These vehicles are not related, but only share same image. Repurposing images for different items is common in the Experimental Technical Readout series due to the costs of commissioning new art.
The Reaper Self-Propelled Artillery vehicle has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL Profile for Reaper Self-Propelled Artillery - BV2, Introduction and Alpha Strike Data Card
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, pp. 12,28 Reaper/Record Sheet - Battle value 2 noted on record sheet.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5, p. 12 Reaper - Background information.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5, p. 12 Reaper - Weaponry and other attributes.