|Unit Profile (as of 2775)|
The future Red Eagles were a battalion from the Star League Defense Force's 225th Mechanized Infantry Division. At least two battalions from the 225th chose to remain in the Inner Sphere rather than join Operation EXODUS, each battalion choosing the mercenary life in 2775, becoming the Red Eagles and Simpson's Samurai respectively.
The Red Eagles eventually accepted a contract with the Free Worlds League to raid Lyran Commonwealth-held Solaris VII in March 2820. Seeking revenge for the Game World transferring its loyalty to the Commonwealth earlier that same year, the Red Eagles and a reinforced battalion drawn from the Clinton's Cutthroats mercenary unit, supported by the Essex-class FWLS Despiser, emerged from a Pirate Point close to the planet's orbit. Without a Lyran naval presence to challenge the Despiser, the Cutthroats and Red Eagles landed without incident near the Bracken Swamps north of Solaris City. Facing the local Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces garrison, the Free Worlds League attackers were eventually forced to retreat after a three day long firefight, but not before they had destroyed a major water treatment plant and reduced a local industrial park to ash, the Despiser covering their escape from the system with an orbital bombardment of Solaris City that would become infamous.
The Red Eagles took heavy losses during the Solaris raid, with a number of Red Eagles MechWarriors and their Free Worlds League Military liaison Mackenzie Henkel being left behind and choosing to form the Red Knives Stables. The surviving Red Eagles, reduced to 34% strength, returned to Draconis Combine service and took up station on The Edge.
|Commanding Officers of the Red Eagles|
2786 - 2821Edit
Red Eagles (Btn.) (Battalion/Veteran/Questionable)
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Alleghe. In 2821 the command was reduced to 34 percent of its strength and was deployed on The Edge. 
Red Eagles Battalion (Battalion/Regular/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on The Edge with an operational readiness of 94 percent. 
Red Eagles Battalion (Battalion/Veteran/Reliable) 
- First Succession War, p. 35, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- First Succession War, p. 79 "The Succession War (2786-2821) - The War of Raids: House Steiner's War - The Solaris Bulge - Solaris VII"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 162 "Rules Annex - Technical Readout - WVR-6M Wolverine"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 137
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 97