Rubinsky's Brigade(Redirected from Rubinsky's Renegades)
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|CO||Captain Maxophilia Rubinsky|
The Renegades were formed from the ashes of the Grover's Heavy Guard, a mercenary company employed by the Draconis Combine in the late 3050's. Launching a raid against Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3057, the Heavy Guard's commander ignored the advice of the newly recruited Maxophilia Rubinsky and walked his unit straight into the waiting guns of a Jaguar Binary. When he was killed and the executive officer faltered, Maxophilia immediately took command and led the unit to a more defensible position, succeeding in defeating the Clan unit and escaping with half its original strength.
Over the next year, Rubinsky rebuilt and trained her demi-company constantly, resulting in a string of successful raids against the Smoke Jaguars. As of October 3059, the relatively young unit was stationed on Xinyang and could boast a B- Dragoon Rating.
They also participated in Operation Bird Dog, tying down Smoke Jaguar forces on Hyner. The unit sustained heavy losses, reducing the command to two operational 'Mechs. The Renegades continued to use their "up close and personal" tactics, and as a result they frequently took heavy damage. This was mitigated by the large salvage rights that they received in their contracts. The Renegades specialized in lightning fast objective raids or extractions, particularly along borders with the Clans or the Word of Blake Protectorate. Their successes improved their Dragoons Rating to A.
|Commanding Officers of the Rubinsky's Brigade|
Captain of the Renegades, Maxophilia Rubinsky is the estranged daughter of Marko Rubinsky, modern commander of Rubinsky's Light Horse. Initially training under her father, Maxophilia attended a small MechWarrior academy in the Tikonov Reaches before serving a term with the Fourth Davion Guards and eventually rejoining the Light Horse. She left that unit after a heated argument with her father on who was best suited to succeed him, her natural gift for leadership and talent at tactics and strategy shown to good advantage in her salvaging of the Heavy Guard.
The Renegades are specialized in close quarter combat and fighting against superior forces, preferring limiting terrain but equally adept on open ground.
Rubinsky's Renegades (1 Demi-Company)
- All 'Mechs are upgraded and heavily customized.
- Technical Support:100%
- The unit's insignia is a polished-chrome wasp, painted on the upper left leg of each 'Mech. Combined with the Renegades' tactical preferences, the insignia led some in the DCMS to nickname them "The Swarm".
- The unit has no specific paint scheme, merely using camouflage suited to the terrain in which they are operating.
- The Renegades "inherited" the Heavy Guard's Union-class DropShip, having renamed it The Hive
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 103
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 81 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 59 - "Unit Profile"