In 3026 Takashi Kurita ordered the creation of a BattleMech unit trained in the tactics of the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary unit. Takashi later ordered that the Ryuken where to be split into several company's and each was to expand to regimental size. The Ryuken-roku was the last of these units to be formed.
4th Succession WarEdit
War of 3039Edit
As part of Operation Bulldog Ryuken-roku attacked Luzerne and Courchevel. They were successful in capturing both worlds, but were quickly reassigned to Ningxia. They were initially held as a reserve force on Courchevel, but were able to land on Luzerne to support the 3rd Davion Guards and 208th Division. Arriving in August 3059, they positioned themselves so they were on one side of the Smoke Jaguar's Fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster and Sixth Striker Cluster. The other SLDF forces were on the opposite side of the Jaguars, and the Ryuken and SLDF units pinched the two Jaguar units between them. The ComStar and AFFS troops took heavy losses before joining the Ryuken, but all the SLDF units inflicted such heavy losses on the Jaguars that the Clan unit couldn't maintain control of Luzerne. Four days later Ryuken-roku forced the remaining members of the Sixth Striker Cluster into a fight that resulted in only a Binary of troops escaping to Jaguar DropShips.
Federated Suns IncursionEdit
Ryuken-roku garrisoned Ningxia the capital world of Ningxia Prefecture, for two years. The Black Dragon Society directed the remains of the 2nd Night Stalkers regiment, a unit sympathetic to the Black Dragon cause, to the world. Though they were a veteran unit, the Night Stalkers only lasted three months against Ryuken-roku. Shortly after this, Ryuken-roku was reassigned to New Samarkand to garrison the world and protect the Coordinator. The Coordinator loaned them to the Coalition for Operation SCOUR, where Ryuken-roku participated in the liberation of Genoa and discovered the Word of Blake bait and switch on Northwind.
In mid-February 3078 Ryuken-roku were fighting alongside Devlin Stone's coalition on Terra Firma, only to discover that the capital city was a maze of booby-trapped buildings; mercenary forces (Cumberland's Missiliers) were brought in to help the Ryuken-roku clear the city block by block, but the fierce campaign against the Blakists and the Terra Firma Protectorate Militia forces saw the city effectively razed.
On New Home, Ryuken-roku was the key in destroying the 47th Shadow Division, but they lost most of their equipment and warriors. Survivors and equipment were transferred to rebuild other Ryuken units, but the High Command has promised to rebuild the unit as soon as the supply situation allows.
After the end of the Jihad the survivors of the Ryuken-roku were transferred back from the Ryuken-ni and Ryuken-san regiments to became the core of the regiment as it rebuilt using replacement personnel - although the personnel available were raw recruits. Despite the lack of experienced replacements, the rebuilding Ryuken-roku continued to train hard, and had rebuilt to a strength of nearly two battalions by 3085.
In the invasion of the Federated Suns the Ryuken-roku attacked Rowe, facing elements of the 2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs. During this raid, the DCMS unit was able to capture several Sea Fox battle armor suits from the Chasseurs. 
|Commanding Officers of the Ryuken-roku|
|Tai-sa||Alexis Vanharobik||3059 - 3067.|
All warriors are skilled to find weak spots in enemy formations. The sub unit open the line and the superior officer send reinforcement when necessary. These unit is also known to stay longer in battle as other units can do. The CO's set often a trap for the opponent with devastating effect.
- CO: Tai-sa Henrietta Bailey
- CO: Sho-sho Sung Kim II
3059 to 3067Edit
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Alexis Vanharobik
- XO: Chu-sa Kenji Ibaraki
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Hoto Oshakiwa
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Bryan Phillips
- All 'Mechs are upgraded and the regiment contains also 36 OmniMechs.
- Wing Commander: Tai-sa Hans Millner
- These skilled pilots provide escort in double strength to any landing force and are also adept in securing air superiority.
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Jase Nagiia
- Armor Commander (3067): Chu-sa Horace Vassilay
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Peter Jorgensson
- The command is always supported by the 'Mech and tanks of the other sub unit.
- In the unit are, 24 artillery pieces and 6 battle armor squads.
- CO: Tai-sa Gratia Bernard
Ryuken-roku Aerospace (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Cho-sa Egilhard Rey
Ryuken-roku Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Anton Arriola
Ryuken-roku Infantry (Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Tai-sa Shichiro Shizuka
- - At this point, the various units within Ryuken-roku had rebuilt to between forty-five and seventy percent of full strength, with high levels of advanced technology present in each of the units.
- CO: Tai-sa Kaoru Katayanagi
Ryuken-roku Aerospace (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sho-sa Jesse Bonner
Ryuken-roku Armor (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Alexander Powell
Ryuken-roku Infantry (Regular/Fanatical) 
- CO: Tai-sa Carter Hodge
- Wolves on the Borderp.??
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 115
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne, p. 9
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne, p. 16
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne, p. 17
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 17
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 84-85, "Chaos Eternal: Trick Or Trap"
- Total Chaos, pp. 184-185 "TRICK OR TRAP"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 74
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 47, "Ryuken-Roku"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 6
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 61, "Ryuken-roku"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 28
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 131, "Ryuken-roku Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 119, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 49, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 65, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 139
- 20-Year Update, p. 41
- Objective Raids, p.28
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 17
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Historical: War of 3039
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Wolves on the Border (Novel)