|Schildkröte Line Tank|
|Manufacturer||Blue Shot Weapons|
|Mission|| Mobile Defensive Emplacement |
Frontline Combat Vehicle
|Armor||StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||GM 150 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Evil Eye Block IX|
The Schildkröte Line Tank is a Medium sized Combat Vehicle, originally designed for the Lyran Commonwealth's armed forces in 3122. A durable but slow tank, the Schildkröte was not well regarded when it first premiered. Due to this perception of it being too slow for frontline units, the vehicle was distributed among the Commonwealth's lower tier combat formations and planetary militia. However, over time the tank's durability would win over many with its performance in the field.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The center of the tank's durability lies in its advanced Armored Motive System, which although slowing the tank down gives it improved resistance to what would normally be crippling shots from enemy fire. The tank's 150-rated XL Fusion Engine engine is also protected by 10 tons of StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor.
The Tank's firepower comes from its Defiance Shredder LB 10-X Autocannon, which is mounted in the turret. A Defiance 1002 Light Particle Projection Cannon and SunFire 444 Anti-Missile System are coaxial with the main gun. The Autocannon and AMS's ammunition is protected by CASE.
The name Schildkröte is German and translates to "turtle".
The Schildkröte has the following Design Quirk:
- MUL online date for the Schildkröte
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 16-17 & 71 Schildkröte Line Tank - BV2
- Schildkröte Line Tank's MUL Profile which includes BV2 & Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 285
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 16-17 Schildkröte Line Tank - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 16-17 & 71 Schildkröte Line Tank - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 16 & 72 Schildkröte Line Tank - Variant.
- Schildkröte Line Tank (HPPC)'s MUL Profile which includes BV2 & Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 286