|Manufacturer||Doctor Géné Lyndon|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Long-Arms Laser Reflect/Max|
|Engine||Hermes 360 XL|
Developed by the eminent designer Doctor Géné Lyndon, the Spatha uses leading-edge technology to deadly effect in the Solaris Games.
Like many Solaris VII arena 'Mechs, the Spatha is designed as a brawler, but relies upon finesse rather than brute strength like most. A hand-tooled Hermes 360 rated XXL Engine trades durability for tremendous weight savings but the Spatha only has to fear autocannon or gauss rifle fire on its fragile engine thanks to its eleven tons of advanced Long-Arms Laser Reflect/Max armor and McArthur Laser-X AMS negating its opponents' energy and missile weaponry. The Spathas thirteen double heat sinks are barely up the the task of cooling its advanced powerplant and its own energy weapons, actually an intentional choice given the Spatha is equipped with Triple Strength Myomer to boost its speed and dramatically boost the effectiveness of its sword.
The design's main flaw is outside of the arenas, the cost to build and maintain it. Rather than a rebuilt and heavily modified existing design, the Spatha is completely hand-assembled and needs a team of fifteen dedicated engineers to keep in fighting trim.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
While its body is a height of high tech, for the most part the Spathas weaponry is relatively common for the era. The Spathas main weapon is the Sword it is named after, deadly enough before the triple strength myomer kicks in. Its ranged weaponry consists of an Defiance 1001 ER PPC with an Spatha-X PPC Capacitor, and two RAMTech 800-X Medium X-Pulse Lasers and an Guided Technologies 2nd Generation Streak SRM-6 launcher for shorter ranges. 
- SP2-X Spatha "Warlord"
- Obsessed with maintaining her design at the bleeding edge, Dr. Lyndon chose to view the Word of Blake occupation of Solaris in a positive light, making use of salvaged Blakist weaponry and technology to improve the Spatha. Nicknamed the "Warlord", the second hand-built Spatha SP2-X retains much of the same highly advanced equipment as the original, but drops the PPC, Streak launcher and X-Pulse lasers for a ER Large Laser and a pair of captured Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers. The remaining weight saved, further enhanced by a switch to a Small Cockpit, allows the addition of an Angel ECM Suite and an advanced Blue Shield Particle Field Damper to further improve the design's defensive abilities. BV (2.0) = 1,899 
- MUL online date for the Spatha
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 258
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 158 - "Mech Profile"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 5 - "Custom Profile"