|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Mujika Aerospace Type 12|
|Power Plant||Rawlings 250|
|Fuel||400 - 5 tons|
|Communications System||Endicott Type 22 Master|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Dwyerson Mark XI|
Nicknamed "The Frisbee" by Capellan pilots, the TR-7 Thrush is a light aerospace fighter typically seen in House Liao DropShip detachments, as well as garrison forces in the Capellan Confederation. Forsaking armor for speed and firepower, like most light aerospace fighters, the Thrush cannot take on larger fighters or multiple enemies, but is in its element when scouting or used as a screening force for DropShips. The circular wing design's major drawback is that the Thrush can enter an uncontrolled spin on entry to a planetary atmosphere (in a similar fashion to the Draconis Combine's similarly designed Sholagar which was eventually phased out because of its unstable atmospheric flight). The craft usually can be brought back under control, but at the loss of precious seconds of maneuvering.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Thrush carries three Kajuka Type 2 "Bright Blossom" Medium Lasers, more than enough firepower for scouting or screening for an already heavily armed DropShip.
- Thrush "Nanook"
- The personal fighter of a pilot known only as Nanook, this Thrush was heavily modified by Vining Engineering and Salvage Team to use experimental technology. Armed with two nose-mounted Clan ER Medium Lasers and a Clan Medium Pulse Laser in each wing, Nanook's Thrush is capable of inflicting significant damage. A rear firing Small Laser discourages pursuers. For protection the fighter carries a patchwork mix of Laser Reflective Armor on the wings and Reactive Armor on the nose and aft fuselage. To increase the fighter's top speed, the VEST engineers equipped it with an XXL Engine. BV (2.0) = 1,592
- Thrush Maxmillian
- Used by the Maskirovka for high speed insertions, this Thrush variant removes the standard TR-7 engine and replaces it with a 325 XL model. This allows the Thrush Maxmillian to reach a top acceleration of nearly twelve gravities. It also carries an additional half-ton of armor protection, six tons of fuel, and is equipped with a one ton Cargo Bay. To make room for these modifications, two of the Medium Lasers were removed. BV (1.0) = 410
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Drossel. The model code was accordingly changed to DR-7.
- MUL online date for the Thrush
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3039
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 35
- Second Succession War, p. 110, "Capellan Confederation"
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 18
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 236
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 237
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 13
- Record Sheets: Unique Fighters, p. 7