Named after the famed Age of War era brigade that fought for the Capellan Confederation, the present day (3145) Tikonov Guards were formed from Freedom Fighters, Revolutionaries, Defectors and Dissidents that rose up against the Republic of the Sphere and Federated Suns following the events of Gray Monday. Initially equipped with armed civilian 'Mechs and whatever else was at hand, these ragtag rebels were eventually formed into individual BattleMech Augmented Regiments one after another as the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces advanced into their specific regions.
All Tikonov Guards regiments were originally equipped from Capellan stockpiled equipment such as Assassins and Firebees. They preferred locally produced weapons like Koscheis and Thunderbolts as replacements.
Operation GREAT FLOODEdit
The First and Second Tikonov Guards were formed during and fought in Operation GREAT FLOOD. The Third Tikonov Guards were formed near the end and did not fight.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARDEdit
The First, Second and Third Tikonov Guards fought in Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. The Fourth Tikonov Guards were formed during this period.
All military forces inside a Commonality are commanded by a Line Director and a Home Guard Director. The Line Director is also responsible for the readiness, supply, training and personnel needs of all front-line and reserve regiments based in the Commonality, even if they are assigned to another Commonality temporarily. 
|Commanding Officers of the Tikonov Guards|
|Line Director Jiang-jun||Pjotr Lebed||3145|
|Home Guard Director Jiang-jun||Samitra Yuen||3145|
Different per unit
Units of the Tikonov GuardsEdit
- First Tikonov Guards - Insurgents and defectors hailing from former Sarna Commonality worlds
- Second Tikonov Guards - Rebels and guerrillas from the former Tikonov Commonality
- Third Tikonov Guards - Freedom fighters and independence groups that resisted the Federated Suns annexation of ROTS worlds
- Fourth Tikonov Guards - Planetary militias from all three regions
Color Scheme and Unit InsigniaEdit
All equipment is painted dark green and goldenrod, unchanged from the originally supplied weapons.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 38, "Tikonov Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "Sarna and Tikonov Commonalities"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "The New Old-Fashioned Way"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Rise of the Jiang-jun"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Tikonov Commonality"