|Manufacturer|| Mujika Aerospace Technologies, |
Ceres Metals Industries
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Mujika Aerospace Type 18|
|Power Plant||Rawlings 200|
|Fuel||400 - 5 tons|
|Communications System||Endicott Type 22 Master|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Dwyerson Mark XII|
A common sight in House Liao and Capellan Confederation air lances, the Transit has armor and weapons to spare. Built as a 'Mech-buster and DropShip attack craft, the Transit isn't fast or agile, but is easy to control and has had few loss of control accidents.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The main armament of the Transit is the giant Tomodzuru Autocannon/20 located in the nose, along with two tons of ammo to feed the monster autocannon. The four Kajuka Type 2 "Bright Blossom" Medium Lasers are mounted to the front, two in the nose and one in each wing. This gives the Transit a backup for when the ammo supply for the autocannon has been exhausted.
- The TR-12 is a total redesign, fitted with a Rawlings Extra-Light 250 engine, saving weight for the Lasers to be upgrade to Extended Range versions. The standard autocannon is replaced with a LB 20-X AC with an additional ton of ammunition and an extra ton of armor was added on. BV (1.0) = 1,444, BV (2.0) = 1,616
- Based on the Transit Glare, this version offers identical performance and protection to the pilot. The only real change was in the main armament. Unable to secure a steady supply of Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles, the TR-13G instead uses a Long Tom Cannon with three tons of ammunition as its main armament. This massive weapon provided a longer reach and massive firepower against incoming DropShips while not affecting the Transit's traditional ground attack role. The variant use a Endicott Type 28 Maser communications system. BV (2.0) = 1,522
- MUL online date for the Transit
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 260
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 86
- Second Succession War, p. 110, "Capellan Confederation"
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 18
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 261
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 87
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 262
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 11
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 175
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 88