Typhoon (Combat Vehicle)
|Armor||ArcShield Maxi IV Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Breen 190 Fusion|
|Communications System||Omicron 1500|
|Targeting Tracking System||Jalastar TargiTrack 717 with Beagle Active Probe|
After the Clan Invasion, the AFFC was eager to replace the armor forces that had been destroyed with upgraded vehicles. Jalastar Aerospace came forward with a wheeled design, but administrative problems and technical issues delayed full scale production until 3057.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The main gun of the Typhoon is a Luxor Devastator-20 autocannon, capable of threatening even the heaviest 'Mechs or vehicles. Also mounted on its turret is a Harpoon-6 SRM launcher, a pair of Holly Streak launchers, and a pair of Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers. Another pair of Streak launchers are fixed onto the vehicle's front. A Sutel Precision Line Small Pulse Laser covers the rear of the Typhoon. Finally, a Beagle Active Probe makes it easier to detect enemies in urban combat situations.
- The newest variant uses a pair of LB 10-X Autocannons and replaces the four Streak systems with a pair of Streak SRM-4s. The Beagle Active Probe is swapped out for a C3 Slave Unit, and the Small Pulse Laser is replaced with an ER Small Laser. The Medium Pulse Lasers and the SRM-6 are dropped entirely. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,064
- Before settling on a wheeled chassis, several prototype Typhoons used a more traditional tracked chassis. As the tracked chassis was more expensive and the Typhoon was intended for urban combat, the AFFS directed Jalastar to use the wheeled chassis. The armament and armor protection between the two vehicles was identical, but the tracked chassis cost almost 800,000 additional C-bills. BV (2.0) = 1,168
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Taifun.
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- MUL online date for the Typhoon (Combat Vehicle)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 160
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 128-129
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 106-107