- If you need help or attention to a problem, please leave a note to all Admins on the Administrator talk page or for me on my talk page, and you'll get a response as soon as we can.
2015-08-28: Been quiet here because work has been kicking my butt. And I picked up some Robotech RPG Tactics minis that I've been bashing into new designs.
You know, after doing this for several years and listening to the criticisms leveled at Sarna (some deserved, some not), I have a whole new appreciation for what the CGL writers go through.
Introduced to BT in junior high school. I don't play very often anymore, but I do still read all the sourcebooks and keep up with what's going on in the universe. Started August 19, 2009. July 28, 2011- Just found that several of my rank insignia images are being used as avatar images on the CBT.com forums. Sweet!
The Admins: BattleTechWiki:Administrators
How do I... answers: Help:Contents
What I'm Working OnEdit
Add info to entries in Category:Sources needing updates (Trying to get this to zero).OK. I officially surrender. I was the only one working on this, and I just can't keep doing it.
- Redlinks for units in TROs and sourcebooks.
Grammar & Punctuation stuff I always forgetEdit
- Policy:Manual of Style BTW's Manual of Style
- Apostrophe Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe
- Semicolon Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
- 10 frequently misspelled words: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
- When to use i.e. in a sentence http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie
Integrate this info into the Sarna Style GuideEdit
Numbers in BattleTech (From Herb's Facebook)Edit
BattleTech writers: How many times do we need to cover this, really? Outside of unit TO&E listings, game rules, model numbers, and dates, we do NOT use the numerical form of numbers under 100. We also do not capitalize "century" or give centuries in the form of numbers. So, the following are examples of "WRONG!" in the BattleTech style guide I know I gave you all several times over:
- "The 20th Century..."
- "The late Twenty-fourth Century..."
- "We see 50 stars in this region..."
- "The 11th Mechanized Infantry is stationed on..."
The following is how you should have written the above before I clubbed your lazy, style-abusing ass to death:
- "The twentieth century..."
- "The late twenty-fourth century..."
- "We see fifty stars in this region..."
- "The Eleventh Mechanized Infantry is stationed on..."
Shortcuts, a.k.a. "The I Love Me Section"Edit
Stuff I've contributed: Special:Contributions/Mbear
I wrote the Operation Guerrero page, and I'm proud of it.
MWDA Dossier ProjectEdit
Military Rank Insignia ProjectEdit
Cheat Sheet for Adding References to articlesEdit
Enter text as normal. To get the superscripted reference number, put <ref>''Source Name'', p. <i>NN</i></ref>
Now, for the page to know it needs to put together the reference list, need to add an H2 and special tag, like this:
Burn Rate InformationEdit
Images I've madeEdit
Templates I've madeEdit
- Template:Inner Sphere Military Ranks
Battle Value TemplateEdit
Create a template that will show how a given unit's BV was computed. (See Policy Talk:Canon#Citing BV for reasoning.) This template will be included on a unit's discussion page so other editors who are good with numbers can check the resulting value.
- First unit type will be BattleMech.
- Will use formula from TechManual (See if this errata is in my copy). It isn't, but I just integrated the errata.
- Be sure to set up template so it shows the computations are NOT canon.
- To compute BV 1.0, use rules from Maximum Tech.
- NOTE: If a computed Battle Value conflicts with a canon source, the canon source will be used.
Questions to answerEdit
- Should pilot skill count for determining Battle Value (probably not)?
As I don't have Strategic Operations, I'll need someone else to set up that template.Strategic Operations is on the way.
Document code changes to main page, awards board, game rules section.
Create alternate skins w/house colors.
- Create mobile friendly versions of themes.
Find or create a way to search images (and uploaded files) more effectively.
Under Construction category?Edit
Is there a way to list all pages with the underconstruction tag on them?