I'm a long-time BattleTech fan, starting with MechWarrior 2 for the PC and MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries back when online play was facilitated by the Microsoft Gaming Zone, then expanding into the novels, which fill up a shelf in my home office. I fight for Rasalhague.
As an editor I focus on organization, grammar, and style.
Personal projects/to-do listEdit
- Tidy up Battle of Trafalgar
- Comprehensive review of year pages; update to comply with Policy:Year Pages (Progress: 1938–2338)
- Replace "Battles" with "Conflicts"
- One wikilink per line, to an article that substantiates the line in the year page
- Proper categorization according to category definitions
- Uniform final punctuation (lines should each end with the appropriate mark)
- Present tense
- Work down Category:Sources needing updates using the sources that I have
- Replace Template:InfoBoxMercUnit with Template:InfoBoxMilitaryCommand
- Replace disambiguation page links with direct links where appropriate
- Reorganize and rewrite Task Force Serpent — This article was once the fourth-longest on the site and included an overwhelming level of detail. One month, 86 edits, an article split, and -123,886 bytes later, I'm happy with the result.
- Rewrite Battle of Huntress — I split most of the content from Task Force Serpent into a new article for the fight at Huntress. At its creation, it was the ninth-longest article on the site. After five months spent editing it to half its original size, I think it's at the point where I can call it good, though it's still pushing the upper boundary for a reasonable length, and could probably use further edits.
- Update infrastructure used by Template:Update Needed — Category:Sources needing updates now displays the names of the sources from which updates are needed. That's going to make my update efforts much more focused.