Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Volders nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-24.041 : 291.788[e]|
The Volders system was settled at some point during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Tamar Pact prior to the formation of the Lyran Commonwealth during the mid-twenty-fourth century.
- 2340 - Tamar Pact
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Free Rasalhague Republic 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Wolf 
- 3079 - Clan Wolf 
- 3081 - Clan Wolf 
- 3085 - Clan Wolf 
- 3130 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Clan Hell's Horses 
Fourth Succession WarEdit
Volders was attacked as a part of the Lyran Commonwealth's Operation Götterdämmerung during the Fourth Succession War; the LCAF used mercenary units to invade the planet, with the Narhal's Raiders Second Regiment and Snord's Irregulars being deployed during the first wave of attacks. Cranston Snord had volunteered the Irregulars for the attack on Volders because of research he'd completed in the winter of 3028, pulling together references to the presence of a Star League Defense Force base hidden on Volders, as well as references in SLDF manifests to information that was believed to have been lost - information that related to surveys of the Deep Periphery - possibly having been recorded on information chips stored in vaults below the city of Hopkins on Volders. Despite Hopkins being reduced to ruins by the time of the Fourth Succession War, it was enough to convince Snord to push for the Irregulars to be included in the planned invasion.
The initial deployment to Volders went well; the Irregulars were actively involved in the campaign under the overall command of Lieutenant-General Gerould of the Second Narhal's Raiders. The heavy armor forces of Narhal's Raiders making advances near the ruins of Hopkins, whilst the Irregulars secured the left flank of Hopkins, battling the Third Volders Armored Assault Company. The mercenaries were successfully prosecuting the campaign to secure Hopkins until two companies of light 'Mechs from the planetary garrison managed to tie down the armored vehicles, encircling the tanks within the remains of the city. Rhonda Snord led her command company into the ruins, masking their presence from enemy sensor equipment using the mounds of debris distributed throughout the former city, and proceeded to launch a series of fast, fatal ambushes that allowed her 'Mechs and the Narhal Raiders' armor to rout the lighter Combine forces.
The rout of the garrison 'Mechs left Rhonda Snord in de facto control of the ruins of Hopkins, and the Irregulars began searching for the data chips believed to be stashed there; after four days of searching, nothing of any significance had been found, and the Narhal Raiders' forces were encountering increasingly heavy resistance to the north. Reluctantly, Rhonda Snord led her forces north in a long-range probe that was planned to eventually form a parallel line of adance to that taken by the Raiders, but while the Irregulars were still some forty kilometers south of the Raiders forces the Irregulars discovered a small command bunker. The bunker was defended by a small number of troops, including a handful of 'Mechs, and Rhonda swiftly launched an attack with both of her 'Mech companies. What Rhonda hadn't discovered was that the command bunker was actually the nerve center for the primary planetary defenders, the First Volders Regiment, and as the Irregulars attacked, several lances of heavy 'Mechs emerged from hidden tunnels located around the base. With her forces encircled, Rhonda's supporting infantry - trained in anti-'Mech tactics - had joined the battle, and the Irregulars swiftly defeated the First Volders 'Mechs, with the Irregulars' Second and Third Companies managing to capture Tai-sho Becker during the battle with the First Volder's Regimental Command Company, securing Becker as he attempted to flee in his Mobile HQ. Capturing the First's Commanding Officer and the majority of his headquarters staff was enough to break the First's forces, and four days later Volders officially surrendered to the Lyran forces, ceding the planet to Lyran control.
Rhonda conducted interviews with the officers that had been captured, and discovered that the command base the First Volders Regiment had been operating from had been established just three months before, after the garrison had accidentally uncovered some old SLDF ruins. Rhonda ordered a full search of the area to be conducted, leading to the discovery of several more tunnels leading into nearby hillsides, all of which were half-buried and at risk of full collapse. Despite the risks posed, Rhonda had her troops investigate the tunnels, uncovering a cache of Star League equipment concealed less than a kilometer from where her forces had battled the First's. The cache contained supplies, ammunition and more than three dozen assorted Star League vehicles and 'Mechs, all of which Rhonda had removed in secret and transported back to the Irregulars' base on Clinton via the Irregulars' DropShips.
During Operation REVIVAL Volders was conquered by Clan Wolf in November 3051 without the invaders even having to fire a shot. As the planet had long served as a type of religious retreat, it's government had consciously avoided forming any sort of protective militia. Thus Khan Natasha Kerensky ordered Star Commodore Nihsen of the Bravo Naval Reserve Star to the system, along with several JumpShips loaded with empty DropShips. As the DropShips made their way to the planet, Star Commodore Nihsen began talks with the planetary government and recommended that they surrender lest the invaders bring the horror of war to their planet. Sufficiently cowed by the threat the DropShips represented, the government caved in and finalized the terms of their surrender upon the arrival of the vessels.
| Closest 48 systems (46 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Tamar Pact world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 27, "Clan Wolf/Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 7, "Early Years"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45, "Operation Götterdämmerung"
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 34-35, "Tanks A Lot"
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 36-37, "Snakes In The Grass"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 65
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 167, "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Hell's Horses"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Rhonda's Irregulars
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook