|Mission||Dragoon / Cavalry|
|Armor||Grumman CRT Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 185 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Systems X|
|Targeting Tracking System||Bundesweyth Target Acquisition Gear|
When the SLDF's Quartermaster Command was considering accepting the Zephyr for service, the SLDF vehicle corps was looking for a ground based design that could carry the successful Guardian ECM Suite to assist in setting ambushes for the Chaparral, with the SLDF ordering Grumman to add the system to its tank. Powered by a GM 185 rated Fusion Engine and clad in seven tons of a Grumman CRT Ferro-Fibrous armor, the Zephyr boasts above average armor and speed for its weight and support role.
Restarting production of the design after the unveiling of ComStar's Com Guards, after the Word of Blake took control of Terra Grumman received a large infusion of capital to develop a revamped C3i version in 3062. Further funding also resulted in Grumman expanding production via a new plant opened on New Earth in 3066 to keep up with increasing demand from the Word of Blake's Militia and Protectorate forces.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Not intended for front-line combat, the primary weapons of the Zephyr are a trio of Sorenstein IV Medium Lasers mounted alongside the Alloran Target Acquisition Gear in the turret. Supporting firepower comes from from a Shannon SRM-6 rack mounted in the vehicle's nose supplied with two tons of reloads and a single rear mounted Harmon Small Laser to provide cover when fleeing combat. The Clan Invasion era model utilized different brands (a Thor SRM-6, Bundersweyth TAG and Bowie Electronics brand lasers) but otherwise carried identical weaponry to the Star League era models.
- A less common variant among the Blakist's Protectorate forces, it drops all the standard equipment and weapons in exchange for a C3i system, a pair of turret mounted ER Medium Lasers and two nose mounted LRM racks. Its designation of Pug stems from the blockier appearance borne of these missile launchers. BV (2.0)= 867
- Omni-Drone Primary Configuration
- Developed by The Republic of the Sphere in 3096, this OmniVehicle removes the standard weaponry and replaces the crew compartment with fixed Drone Operating System, Angel ECM Suite, and Improved One Shot SRM-2 on all configurations. The top speed and armor protection remain the same as the standard Zephyr. The Improved One Shot missile launcher fires to the rear, and there are four tons of pod space available in the turret. The primary configuration's turret carries a Light PPC and PPC Capacitor. BV (2.0) = 676
- Omni-Drone Alternate Configuration A
- The turret on this configuration mimics the standard Zephyr weapons loadout, carrying a TAG and three Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 686
- MUL online date for the Zephyr
- Combat Operations, p. 106
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 162-163, "Zephyr Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 184
- Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 98-99, "Zephyr Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 202-203, "Zephyr Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 187
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 143
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 10
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 186
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 25
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 26
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 27
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 28
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075