- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Andarmax neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-3.375 : -386.492[e]|
The Andarmax system is described in some detail in the (apocryphal) German novel Gier, where Andarmax is portrayed as not a single planet, but a gas giant with three dozen moons orbiting it. Inhabited moons include (but are not necessarily limited to) Laßwitz, Brin, Clark, Asimov, Eschbach, Gibson, Bear, Vance, Dick and Heinlein. The latter, although one of Andarmax's smallest moons, holds the government seat and the ComStar temple. The moons have low gravity conditions, but are heavily terraformed including atmosphere generators to the point of featuring open environments. Vance is mentioned as an agricultural moon.
Mining stations, Hyperion station among them, exist in the gas giant's atmosphere to mine valuable inert gas.
Because of being spread across many moons, the system features a heavily used communication network accessible to everybody, at no cost. This network is used for political decision-making, as citizens can make suggestions and vote on issues, even provide input. The Refrector is also elected (and can be ousted from office) in this way.
- 2366 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2830 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3033 - Magistracy of Canopus 
- 3034 - Magistracy of Canopus (until August) / Capellan Confederation (from September) 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3050 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Andarmax was conquered by the Magistracy of Canopus during the joint invasion of the Capellan Confederation launched by the Magistracy and the Duchy of Andurien shortly after the Fourth Succession War. Colonel Centrella had led the Second Canopian Cuirassiers in a swift assault that saw the Andarmax Planetary Militia wiped out with very few casualties on the part of the Canopians. A year later in 3034, the Capellans were waging a successful counterattack against the invading forces. With the Second Canopian Cuirassiers having moved on to Drozan, Andarmax was defended by a battalion of armor - the Second Magistracy Armed Forces Militia Armor Guard - and a pair of mercenary units, the Killer Bees, hired as a cadre unit to provide training, and MacGraw's Marauders, guarding the planetary capital city.
Citing a clause in their cadre contract, the Killer Bees withdrew from Andarmax in the face of a battalion of Rob's Renegades, a heavy BattleMech formation, which had landed to recapture the planet. The Militia Armor Guard refused to withdraw, despite being equipped with just two platoons of VTOLs and a mix of tanks and mobile artillery. The Militia Armored Guard deployed remote sensors throughout the Alamance Wastes, their fallback position half a kilometer away from the capital, and intended to fight until reinforcements could arrive to support them. By the 13th of August the Second MAF Armor Guard had already taken heavy losses in the Alamance Mountains and were in retreat, whilst the Killer Bees had received word on their outbound DropShips that no support was available for the Armor Guard as Kincade's Rangers and House Dai Da Chi had hit the Second Cuirassiers hard on Drozan and forced them to retreat.
- Little Richard's Panzer Brigade (Second Battalion)
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Barras||40.4||Naryn||42.3||Cluff's Stand||42.7||Jia Tian||42.7|
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56, "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Region Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 42, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Second Succession War