Difference between revisions of "Binary Laser Cannon"
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
m (de-bolded 2nd use)
m (→Game Notes)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Earlier runs of ''[[Tactical Operations]]'' contained an error that switched the heat and damage values of the Binary Laser Cannon and gave
Earlier runs of ''[[Tactical Operations]]'' contained an error that switched the heat and damage values of the Binary Laser Cannon and gave [[Battle Value]] 2 rating. The correct stats are: Damage (12), Heat (16), BV2 = 222.<ref name=errata/>
Revision as of 07:43, 21 August 2014
|Binary Laser Cannon|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||2812 (Prototype)|
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
The Binary Laser Cannon was a laser weapon previously considered ineffectual, but began to be reconsidered following the re-introduction of double heat sinks.
Nicknamed the Blazer, the Binary Laser Cannon is widely considered a dead-end technology. Taking two large laser cores and fusing them together, the Blazer was designed to fire both cores at the same time, increasing damage penetration. In practice, damage yield proved low compared to the lasers firing separately, and the high heat generated by the Blazer severely taxed available heat sink technology of the time.
With the re-introduction of double heat sinks, the Blazer cannon is now a viable weapon.
Earlier runs of Tactical Operations contained an error that switched the heat and damage values of the Binary Laser Cannon and gave an incorrect Battle Value 2 rating. The correct stats are: Damage (12), Heat (16), BV2 = 222.
- CBT.com:"Tactical Operations Errata 1.4"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table [Addendum]"