Little Richard's Panzer Brigade
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Little Richard's Panzer Brigade|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|CO||Colonel Regina "The Gila Queen" Whitman|
In or just prior to 3025, two battalions of heavy 'Mechs of Richard's Panzer Brigade were hired by the Draconis Combine to strengthen their garrisons along the Federated Suns anticipating an imminent attack. Elements of Richard's Panzer Brigade fought McKinnon's Raiders on Galedon V, defending a cache of high-grade industrial diamonds. The outcome of the battle is unknown.
Apparently, the battle on Galedon V was near the end of the Brigade's employ with House Kurita. As of 3025, the unit was in the employ of the Lyran Commonwealth and was based on Tharkad, noted as the Commonwealth's "most recent" mercenary acquisition.
During the FedCom Civil War, the Brigade was in the employ of the Capellan Confederation. The brigade took the chaos of the civil war as an opportunity to launch an unauthorized raid into the Capellan March. The planets Genoa and Arboris were their targets, but the Beta Regiment of the 12th Vegan Rangers, supported by smaller commands, stood in the Panzer's way.
The Rangers destroyed all of the Panzer's conventional forces in a major battle after a two week long retreat across the whole planet. The Brigade retreated to Arboris followed by the Rangers who sought to destroy all of the Panzer assets in retaliation. The week long battle that followed left only three Panzer companies operational.
Pleione was to be their next target but the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces renounced all support from the Panzers because of their unauthorized actions. The command of the unit fell to Whitman's daughter. The command was without a new contract.
|Commanding Officers of Little Richard's Panzer Brigade|
|Colonel||Richard “Big Daddy” Whitman|||
|Colonel||Richard “Sugar Baby” Whitman|
The Panzers will resort to every trick to win the battle, including using false colors and IFF signals.
- Technical: 100 %
Dragoon Rating: F
Richard's Panzer Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Richard Whitman
- 1st Battalion (Richard's Own): CO/Colonel Richard Whitman
- Composed mostly of medium and heavy BattleMechs
- The unit employs a greater number of assault 'Mechs
- 3rd Battalion (Regina's Renegades): Major Regina Whitman
- The unit contains light and fast heavy 'Mechs
- Air Panzers (Wing/Veteran/Questionable)
- Armored Panzers (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Lt. Colonel Brian "Buzz" Corbett
- Ground Panzers (5 Companies/Regular/Questionable)
Little Richard's Panzer Brigade(1 Battalion)
- CO/Alpha Battle Co.: Colonel Regina Whitman
- The unit contains fast heavy and medium BattleMechs.
- XO/Bravo Assault Co.: Major Malcolm Powell
- The unit fields heavy and assault designs.
- The Company is composed of light and medium 'Mechs (many are upgraded Capellan designs).
Lieutenant Colonel Malcolm Powell in his dress uniform, ca. 3059.
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [31/12/3069]: "Blakists See Mixed Success, Failure on Capellan Front
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 43
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), pp. 78, 121 (page numbering of PDF edition)
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 47, "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 15
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 78, "Richard's Panzer Brigade"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 74