Nova Cat (OmniMech)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Barcella Alpha, Irece Alpha|
|Chassis||Mynx Type Heavy|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Plate|
|Engine||Consolidated Fusion 280 Extralight|
After its defeat on Tukayyid, Clan Nova Cat began working with the Draconis Combine, and, to preserve the Clan militarily and in spirit, fielded the Nova Cat OmniMech. The twelve meter tall totem 'Mech of Clan Nova Cat is based on the Night Gyr created by Clan Jade Falcon. The basic components of this design, combined with its characteristics as an OmniMech, make it very simple to repair and leave room for the large amount of double heat sinks most variants carry. Thirteen and a half tons of standard armor make this 'Mech very difficult to kill.
The standard configuration is all long-range energy weapons, which, although allowing the Nova Cat to stay in the battle for a longer period of time, means the pilot will have to alternate their weapon choices to avoid overheating despite many additional heat sinks. Two ER PPCs are the 'Mech's main weapons, which are backed up with three ER Large Lasers.
- Alt. Config. A - The first variant is armed with 4 ER Large Lasers linked to a targeting computer for increased accuracy. Additional heat sinks keep heat mostly in check, while jump jets rocket the 'Mech up to one hundred and twenty meters at a time. BV (1.0) = 2,646. BV (2.0) = 2,629
- Alt. Config. B - Alternate Configuration B deviates from the formula of the Primary and Alternate Configurations greatly, as it is more of a missile boat than a sniper, being equipped with six LRM-15s. A pair of ER Medium Lasers provide short-range backup. BV (1.0) = 2,078. BV (2.0) = 2,492
- Alt. Config. C - The C configuration, like the B is not all energy weapons, and is equipped with two Ultra AC/5s, one LB 5-X AC and Two Large Pulse Lasers. This makes it very potent against aircraft. BV (1.0) = 1,705. BV (2.0) = 1,944
- Alt. Config. D - The D configuration is very similar to the C variant, being equipped with an LB 10-X AC and three Heavy Large Lasers. The extra heat sinks are still overtaxed by the heavy lasers, though a targeting computer does make them more accurate. BV (1.0) = 1,671. BV (2.0) = 2,084
- Alt. Config. E - The E configuration is close to the B variant, being equipped with a total of four new ATM 9s with two tons of ammo per launcher, and one Large Pulse Lasers for pinpoint accuracy, finishing off any BattleMechs not destroyed by the multiple ATM launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,882. BV (2.0) = 2,191
- Alt. Config. F - Developed during the Jihad, this configuration utilizes the development of Improved Jump Jets for tactical advantage. The 'Mech has been given six these Improved Jump Jets fitted to the side torsos. Its is armed with pair Large Pulse Lasers in its right arm, where its left has three medium size pulses. To handle the 'mech additional heat, it has been fitted with three Double Heat Sinks. To improve accuracy, a Targeting Computer is added with a ECM Suite to protect it from enemy electronics. BV (2.0) = 2,706
- Alt. Config. G - Another configuration developed during the Jihad, this configuration was developed for the fire support and anti-infantry role. The config, like the F, is given a Targeting Computer and ECM suite. For fire-support role, it has been given three Artemis IV guided LRM-20 launchers in the arms with five tons of ammunition. For its anti-infantry role, it has been given eight AP Gauss Rifles split between the two torsos. The guns shares a ton ammunition between them. BV (2.0) = 2,522.
- A Nova Cat fought against a Word of Blake Deva and Viking on 21 August 3072, in the Nagasaki community zone of the Crane district on Luthien, before retreating with severe damage.
Clan Ghost Bear Nova Cat
- Combat Operations, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 260
- Path of Glory, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 261
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 262
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 263
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 264
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 265
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 266 - F Configuration from RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 266 - G Configuration from RS3060u.
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 174-175