- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Use|| Attack Ship |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Length||89 meters meters|
|Width||75 meters meters|
|Height||75 meters meters|
|Drive System||GM 5600 Sublite Maneuver Drives|
|Fuel (tons)||600 tons|
|Armament|| 9 x ER PPCs |
4 x Gauss Rifles
9 x ER Large Lasers
8 x LRM 20 + ArtIV
12 x Medium Lasers
|Crew|| 4 Officers |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||1/8|
|Heat Sinks||170 (340)|
The Pentagon Class Assault DropShip was first designed for the Terran Hegemony Navy in 26th Century when it needed a anti-fighter vessel for its Congress Class Frigates. They were designed for high-speed engagements to better protect the Congress from fighter attack due to its weak anti-fighter defenses.
During the Star League era, they saw significant action escorting convoys of JumpShips. The Pentagon's most noted action during this era was during the Second Periphery Uprising. Pairs of these ships were assigned to the SLS Star Devil, conducting a sweep in uninhabited star system. The Congress class Warship had a chance encounter with a Taurian assault convoy, consisting of four Lola II Class Destroyers and a number of JumpShips. The Star Devil launched her Pentagons which engaged convoy's fighter escorts to engage the force's fighters. Before being lost with Star Devil they had successfully destroyed the force fighters & Jumpships. The Pentagons went on serving the SLDF's campaign to liberate Hegemony during the War against Usurper were believed completed destroyed by Casper Drones. It was thought the design had become extinct after the Liberation of Terra.
Mounted in ship's nose; 2 Gauss Rifles (48 rounds), 2 LRM 20+Artemis (24 rounds), 2 ER PPCs, & 2 ER Large Lasers.
Front Left/Right Sides
Mounted in each side of the ship; 2 ER PPCs, single Gauss Rifle (16 rounds), 2 ER Large Lasers, & 2 LRM 20+Artemis (48 rounds).
Aft Left/Right Sides
Mounted Aft Left and Right sides of the ship; A single ER PPC, ER Large Laser + 4 Medium Lasers, & LRM 20+Artemis (30 rounds).
Mounted in aft section of the ship; ER PPC, ER Large Laser +4 Medium Lasers.
Armor & Cargo
The ship is protected by 75.5 tons worth of Standard Armor. It has a cargo capacity of 407 tons.
- Pentagon Pocket Warship - Developed in secret during the 3060s by Word of Blake, the design drops all marines, missile armament and significant amount it cargo capacity for an AR-10. The capital missile capacity of this variant includes; Two White Sharks, four Killer Whales, and four Barracuda Anti-Capital Ship Missiles.
There is no printed record sheets for variant of the Pentagon as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised p. 112 - BV1 for the Pentagon DropShip.
- Technical Readout: 3075 p. 192 - BV 2 of Pentagon from TRO 3075.
- TRO:3026R p. 112 - Details of the Star Devil's battle with more detail than later enty in '75.
- TRO:3075 p. 192 - Pentagon - Word of Blake variant of the Pentagon.