- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Magistracy Armed Forces|
The People's Volunteers brigade was formed by the Magistracy around Kossandra's Volunteers. That unit consisted of men and women who couldn't afford to pay their way through the Canopian officer ranks. Instead they acted as a transitional step between traditional planetary military and a front-line Magistracy combat command.
After the Reunification War the Magistracy engaged in colonization efforts to expand their borders. To protect these new colonies, additional regiments were formed using the methods of Kossandra's Volunteers: Skilled candidates who couldn't afford an academy position were assigned to one of these units. These regiments were assigned transport assets so they could quickly move from one threat to another. They were used to augment existing planetary militias and garrison strategic systems that would otherwise be unguarded. In place of the extensive theoretical knowledge of an academy, the regiments of the People's Volunteers regiments had extensive hands on knowledge gained from training exercises and defending against bandits and pirates.
|Commanding Officers of the People's Volunteers|
Different per Unit.
Units of the People's Volunteers
- Kossandra's Volunteers
- First Luxen Volunteers
- Second Luxen Volunteers
- Third Luxen Volunteers
- First Ballad Volunteers
- Second Ballad Volunteers
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 16, "Peoples's Volunteers"