- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
I'm a bit concerned, how that 'Mech will actually be possible by TT rules. LBX/10: 6 crits, UAC/5: 5 crits ... Arm with UA and shoulder actuators: 10 free crits.
I sure do hope, the PC game will not go into that terretory, where the roots are completely abandoned.
- The weapons it comes with in the game are special "+++" variants, so even in the game it won't work with standard UAC/5s and LBX10s. I think they're meant to be either one-offs or early Clan-tech.
- A bit of math makes it seem like the Bull Shark has a speed of about 55km/h. Also in teh game its said that the ship the Bull Shark was on was SLDF, so it would make a bit of sense that the Bull Shark was made during Clan Wolverines destruction, as they did make several new BattleMechs and Weapons. Thats all speculation however.Lightninglash (talk) 16:11, 7 December 2019 (EST)
- We can include the Wolverine connection in the article but it needs to be done in such a way that speculation is kept to a minimum. Same with the speed thing, we can work out the speed by comparing it to other units that we already know the canon speeds of but unless we are given hard numbers it is still speculation and needs to be expressed as such.
The original Bull Shark you salvage has Wolverine artwork / emblems on it (mentioned in dialog), and the 'SLDF' ship that it comes from is called the Dobrev (Wolverine Bloodname). I'll try to get the exact quote about the artwork before adding anything. Beast GTS (talk)
"Interestingly, the insignia on the chassis pieces we found depicts a predatory Terran mammal. A Wolverine, if I'm not mistaken. A curious choice of heraldry to adorn a Battlemech named for a shark." --Beast GTS (talk) 02:09, 23 December 2019 (EST)
I think that it should be marked as a Mixed (IS), due to fact that I've attempted to build MSK variant for TT, yet it's impossible with the purely IS components. With Clan ones - seems to be more feasible. And making sense about Un-named Clan connection. ManganMan (talk) 07:07, 8 December 2019 (EST)
- The Pulverizer, Stag and Mercury II all use Star League tech. It is a major plot point in Betrayal of Ideals that the wolverines started BattleMech research two years prior to their annihilation. The Wolverines tech (and Clan tech in general) had not had enough time to develop enough to be considered a different tech base. We know they have an Enhanced ER PPC, possibly one or two other components.--Dmon (talk) 08:34, 8 December 2019 (EST)