- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
Vagueness with Laser Insulator Construction Rules
The gameplay and construction rules listed on the page for the Laser Insulator are missing information regarding Mass/Tonnage, Critical Slots and Cost (in C-Bills), and whether it can be mounted on units which do not track heat (under normal circumstances, as well as a few other ambiguities. Examples:
- If you could use it on a ProtoMech to reduce the number of heat sinks you needed to install for a weapon. If the laser insulator where mounted on the Arms or as a Main Gun, would the laser have somewhere to vent the heat since the insulation would only need to keep the heat away from the rest of the ProtoMech?
- How would Laser Insulators interact with Armored Components (such as an Armored Pulse Laser), or with components that can explode (such as the RISC Hyper Laser)?
- When mounted on a Binary Laser Cannon, is that one insulator, or two?