- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
Tranquil nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||124.79 : 1757.882[e]|
|Recharge time||171 hours|
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
Tranquil is a Clan world.
Tranquil was colonized after Operation KLONDIKE.
Clan Wolf's Tranquil colony was claimed a result of Trials of Possession for Elemental Battle Armor. Apparently late to attempt to claim battle armor technology, Clan Smoke Jaguar could have attempted to take the technology from other Clans, but desired to take the technology from its inventor. After several such attempts had failed, Clan Wolf decided to offer a Trial of Possession that seemed to significantly favor a Smoke Jaguar victory in exchange for colonies and resources on Tranquil. The Smoke Jaguars lost this Trial.
The debut of the Timber Wolf in 2945 indirectly helped Clan Wolf consolidate its colony on Tranquil. Attempting to blood their new OmniMech with speed and striking power, Clan Ice Hellion designed and produced the Wolf Hunter on Tranquil to take the fight to the Wolves. However, the added harassment from the Hellions only aggravated the Wolves, prompting them to take the fight to the Ice Hellions and take their new OmniMech and its production lines.
During the first half of the 31st Century, the planet hosted enclaves belonging to Clans Wolf and Smoke Jaguar. One battle in the 3020s proved to be the first encounter in the lifelong rivalry between Ulric Kerensky and Leo Showers; while Kerensky emerged victorious, then-Star Captain Leo fought ferociously enough that nearly every Clan Wolf OmniMech was lost.
In 3060 the final battle of Clan Smoke Jaguar's annihilation occurred on Tranquil, where Galaxy Commander Brendon Corbett mounted his failed attempt to rally and restore Clan Smoke Jaguar. Subsequently the planet was held exclusively by Clan Wolf until the Wars of Reaving .
As Clan Wolf was forced from the Clan Homeworlds, Tranquil had become its final holding there by the end of May 3071.
- 2571 - Unknown Planet 
- 2750 - Unknown Planet 
- 2821 - Unknown Planet
- 2849 - Clan Ice Hellion
- 3062 - Clan Wolf - 100%
- 3067 - Clan Wolf - 100%
- 3075 - Abandoned
- 3085 - Abandoned
| Closest 20 systems (7 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 237, "Tranquil Planetary Data"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, "Deep Periphery: 2821", p. 133
- It is unclear if the Jaguars traded a portion or all of their Tranquil assets; if the latter, Clan Smoke Jaguar must have retaken a portion of Tranquil before the early 31st Century
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Wolf: The Golden Century", p. 136
- Note: There is a problem with this reference. Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Wolf: The Golden Century", p. 136 states, "... This battle, won by Wolf forces, marked Clan Wolf's first use of OmniMech technology, as well as the debut of the highly successful Timber Wolf design." This statement seems at least partially erroneous, considering two sources: 1. If the writers wrote this correctly, Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 136 states, the Timber Wolf debuted 2945 to help replace the aging Woodsman OmniMech, and "was a nasty surprise for the Sea Foxes". 2. If the writers meant Clan Wolf's first use of any OmniMech, Era Digrest: Golden Century, "Random Assignment Table (2858)", pp. 21 indicates the Woodsman (Clan Wolf's first heavy OmniMech) is available after 2865. This is three years before the introduction of Elemental battle armor.
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 136, "Mad Cat"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, "Ice Ferret", p. 124, "The next five years saw the Ice Hellions lose eighty percent of their Wolf Hunters, including their production facility on Tranquil to the Wolves."
- Invading Clans, p. 52, "Wolfnet Archive File:07765-ER3-21/3/7
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113
- Field Manual: Update, p. 39
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3067", p. 228
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 249