Summoner (Thor)(Redirected from Summoner)
|Manufacturer||Eagle Craft Group |
St. Louis MechWorks
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Engine||Redline 350 XL|
|Communications System||Model J-D 067|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hawkeye 58|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||JF Standard|
The Summoner is a highly mobile heavy OmniMech that is commonly used by Clan Jade Falcon in a wide variety of roles. Barely a second generation OmniMech, the Jade Falcons introduced the Summoner just after becoming the first Clan to win OmniMech technology from Clan Coyote in 2863. The Summoner was dubbed Thor, its Inner Sphere reporting name, by Victor Steiner-Davion himself after fighting one on Trellwan. The name was supposedly inspired by the weapons loadout (in Prime configuration): a PPC and an AC, lightning and thunder, which are associated with the Norse god Thor.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Summoner is powered by a lightweight 350 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h. The mobility of the Summoner is enhanced with five jump jets that allow it to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. The Summoner has fourteen double heat sinks which are capable of handling the heat produced in most of the 'Mechs configurations with ease. To protect it from damage, the Summoner carries nine and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
In its primary configuration the Summoner has a basic yet effective arsenal. The primary direct fire weapon is an ER PPC backed up by an LB 10-X Autocannon that can fire both standard and cluster ammunition. For fire support and bombardment, the Summoner has an LRM-15 launcher.
- Alt. Config. B
- A missile bombardment configuration, the B configuration carries a pair of LRM-20 launchers for long range engagements. For close combat, the Summoner B has two SRM-4 launchers. A Narc Missile Beacon allows the Summoner to designate targets for missile fire from other friendly units. The Summoner B has further protection through the use of an Anti-Missile System which gives it increased protection from missile attacks. BV (1.0) = 2,175, BV (2.0) = 2,159
- Alt. Config. C
- A close range brawler, the Summoner C is armed with a single ER Large Laser for long range sniping at enemy targets but truly comes into its own at close range. The 'Mech relies on a powerful Ultra Autocannon/20 for quick kill capabilities at close ranges. This is backed up by a highly accurate Streak SRM-6 launcher to seek out weak points in an enemy's armor and an ER Small Laser. BV (1.0) = 2,168, BV (2.0) = 2,379
- Alt. Config. D
- A multi-role configuration of the Summoner, the D configuration is armed with a pair of ER Large Lasers for long range combat. These are backed up by a pair of ER Medium Lasers for short range combat. All of these lasers are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer making the 'Mech highly accurate. For anti-infantry combat, the 'Mech has a pair of Machine Guns. A pair of Anti-Missile Systems give the 'Mech protection from missile carrying 'Mechs and vehicles. BV (1.0) = 2,664, BV (2.0) = 2,643
- Alt. Config. E
- Configured to take advantage of the new Advanced Tactical Missile system, the Summoner E carries an ER PPC for long range sniping capabilities. This is backed up by an ATM-6 launcher and an ATM-12 launcher which are both capable of firing a variety of specialized missiles that are configured for long, medium, and short range combat making this configuration deadly at any range. BV (1.0) = 2,518 (2,530), BV (2.0) = 2,612
- Alt. Config. G
- This variant is most adept sniping at long range, then dashing in to finish off its foe. The long-range punch comes from an ER PPC and an ER Large Laser, each of which is capable of opening holes in an enemy's armor. To exploit those holes, the Summoner G carries six SRM-4s and a Heavy Small Laser. BV (2.0) = 2,452
- Alt. Config. H
- Similar in concept to the D configuration, the Summoner H carries two Heavy Large Lasers as its primary weapons for incredibly powerful hitting power backed up by two ER Medium Lasers. These are all linked to an advanced Targeting Computer for greater accuracy. This configuration also carries a single Anti-Missile system for increased protection. BV (1.0) = 2,394, (2,416), BV (2.0) = 2,536
- Alt. Config. M
- The preferred configuration of Nicolai Malthus, the M configuration is similar to the primary configuration in that it has an ER PPC as its primary weapon backed up by an LB 10-X Autocannon. Where it deviates is that for close combat the M configuration of the Summoner has a Streak SRM-6 and an ER Small Laser as secondary weapons. BV (1.0) = 2,254, BV (2.0) = 2,251
- Alt. Config. Z
- This configuration was used by The Society. It has a 150 meter jump capability and a Nova CEWS. Its right arm carries an experimental ER Large Pulse Laser. The left arm carries eight AP Gauss Rifles to deal with battle armor and conventional infantry. The left torso mounts a single iATM 12 with three tons of ammunition.
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- SMN-PD "Pride"
- A customized variant of the Summoner supposedly piloted by Aidan Pryde, the Pride uses an Ultra Autocannon/10 in its left arm, supported by a Ultra Autocannon/5, each with one ton of ammo. In the left torso carries a ER Medium Laser with two Clan Anti Missile Systems and a ton of AMS ammo in the left torso. A single ER Medium Laser in the right torso. 
- Thresher - Clan Jade Falcon became the first Clan to win OmniMech technology from Clan Coyote in 2863. Shortly after winning this new technology, Jade Falcons used Thresher BattleMechs as the basis for production of the Summoner OmniMech, a design which has dominated the Jade Falcon touman.
- Thanatos - Originally designed as an Omnimech, the Thanatos BattleMech was originally created to emulate the Summoner.
- Sunder - The Sunder OmniMech was reverse-engineered from Clan OmniMech salvage after the Battle of Luthien. Before later production runs of the Sunder, the chassis of Summoner and Hellbringer (Loki) OmniMechs were reinforced to bear the extra weight, resulting in significant actuator problems.
- Falconer - This 'Mech was designed in part by Hanse Davion, who sought a 'Mech that could beat the Falcons at their own game. Its movement profile and performance were clearly inspired in part by the Clan Thor, a 'Mech that caused Federated Commonwealth troops no end of difficulties.
- Thor II - Developed by Clan Jade Falcon in 3093, the Thor II or Grand Summoner improved upon the original Thor by removing the permanently mounted Jump Jets and adding and Endo-Steel frame. Mounting a similar Energy-Ballistic-Missile loadout of its progenitor, the Thor II is superior to its original design in almost every way.
- The Summoner was the preferred BattleMech of Aidan Pryde, though he used a Timber Wolf in his final battle on Tukayyid, because no Summoner was available in his garrison cluster.
- Khan Marthe Pryde was a feared Summoner pilot throughout her career.
- Star Colonel Nicolai Malthus piloted the Summoner-M variant.
- Star Captain Quinn Kerensky of the Jade Falcons pilots the G variant, which she made famous. 
- Loremaster Edmund Hoyt of Clan Smoke Jaguar, killed during the Battle of Tukayyid was a Summoner pilot.
|“||If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.||”|
- MUL online entry for Summoner (Thor)
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 134-135, "Summoner OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 98
- Lethal Heritage, chapter 17
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 32-33, "Summoner OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 30-31, "Summoner OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 156
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 100
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 101
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 102
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 103
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 104
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 105
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 188
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 107
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 146
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 72
- MechWarrior Online - "Clan Heroes Sale Page"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 41
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 94
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 62
- Falcon Guard, p. 16
- Falcon Guard, p.??
- 1st Somerset Strikers (sourcebook), p. ??
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrades, p. 134
- Tukayyid, pp. 29-38 "Campaign: Clan Smoke Jaguar"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- 1st Somerset Strikers (sourcebook)
- Bred for War
- Combat Operations
- Falcon Guard (novel)
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- MWDA Northwind Highlanders' dossier of Kava Graves
- MWDA House Liao's dossier of Noel Hurtado
- MWDA Swordsworn's dossier of Gary Metcalf
- MWDA Dragon's Fury's dossier of Antonia Chinn