Large Re-Engineered Laser
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Large Re-Engineered Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||IS = 3130 FS|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3130 FS|
|Advanced Technology Year||3130 FS|
The Large Re-Engineered Laser is an offshoot of experiments to mate a Clan Heavy Laser with a Pulse Laser. Though the experiments were unsuccessful, the resulting Re-Engineered Laser family has the unique ability to ignore the effects of Ferro-Lamellor, Hardened, and Reflective Armor. This allows the Large Re-Engineered Laser to inflict its full damage on units protected by those armor types.
The Large Re-Engineered Laser is the largest of the Re-Engineered Laser family. Like all Re-Engineered Lasers, as it uses shorter pulses it only receives a -1 to hit modifier. It is compatible with Targeting Computers. Aside from its unique armor-penetrating properties, it behaves like a standard Large Laser.
The Large Re-Engineered Laser is able to inflict 9 points damage against any target with armor of the following types: (Ferro-Lamellor Armor, Hardened Armor, and Laser Reflective Armor). The damage resistant properties of these armor types are ignored and the full damage of the laser is applied. It also has a -1 modifier on to hit rolls.
The Large RE Laser can be installed into the following units: BM, IM, PM, CV, SV, AF, CF, SC, DS, JS, SS, WS, MS. The Large RE Laser has the following Tech base as of 3145: E/X-X-X/E and it costs 100,000 C-bills per weapon. The weapon takes up one space per each available unit with exception of Support Vehicles and any 'Mechs types in which it takes two spaces.<ref name=IOp89>
There are no known models at this time.
- Dev-level errata January 15, 2016
- "Field Manual: 3145, p. 244, "Re-Engineered Laser"
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 256-257, "Dark Age Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Dev-level errata January 17, 2016
- Interstellar Operations, p.89 - RE-ENGINEERED LASERS "Updated description of weapon and rules of use."
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 244, 256-257 Re-Engineered Lasers - Rules and effects of Large Re-Engineered Laser.