- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Manufacturer|| Buhallin Military Products,|
|Armor||Mercury Weave Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 180 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||SP/2 HAYOT|
|Targeting Tracking System||Baltex K580|
The Turhan was first built for the Terran Hegemony in 2530 by Dieron's Buhallin Military Products. The company, known for its wheeled vehicles, built the Turhan to answer the HAF's need for an urban assault vehicle to support its infantry in urban environments. The vehicle acted as an Armored Personnel Carrier, deploying troops from its large infantry transport bay.
The Turhan's first test was on Terra in 2549. The vehicle was sent into Geneva where elements of the 51st Dragoons Regiment had seized the city during what would later be called the "September Revolt". Director-General Ian Cameron dispatched Turhans into the tight and narrow streets of Geneva where it ferried troops in and out with ease during the rebel's infighting.
The Turhan went on to serve the SLDF for centuries. Despite its only factory on Dieron being destroyed in 2776, many of its number were found in ComStar's warehouses for future use. Some of these vehicles traveled with General Kerensky's Exodus Fleet.
After the fall of the Star League, the Turhan became invaluable to ComStar's combined-arms philosophy. Many of these vehicles were lost during the Battle of Tukayyid, but had performed well. Its success ensured it was amongst the designs used to help bring back ComStar's strength. However, many of these vehicles subsequently fell into the Word of Blake's control.
Weapons and Equipment
The Turhan's principal weaponry was its twin Amdecker 300 Large Lasers which were mounted in its turret. Mounted with the lasers were a pair of Ramsey-65 Machine Guns.
The vehicle is protected by seven and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, which ensured its cargo arrived at the designation intact.
- The original version of the Turhan produced between 2530 and 2582 was identical to the later production variant except for the armor used. The original Turhan used standard armor; this was upgraded to Ferro-Fibrous armor on the production variant when such advanced armor became available to Buhallin in 2583. BV (2.0) = 640
- The "C3" was a Jihad era variant produced by the Draconis Combine's Pesht Motors. This variant was powered by an XL Fusion Engine. "C3" moves one of the Machine Guns to the front of the vehicle, while the remaining one was exchanged for an Anti-Missile System in the turret. The Infantry Compartment was reduced to 4 tons to make room for a C3 Master Computer to allow it to serve as a command vehicle. BV (2.0) = 709
Related Combat Vehicles
- Ku Assault Vehicle - Clan revision of the Turhan
- MUL online date for the Turhan
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 50
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 172-173, "Turhan Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 52
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 51