Heavy Machine Gun
|Heavy Machine Gun|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/ Clan|
|Year Availability||IS = 3068|
|Damage||3 + 3D6 vs. Infantry|
|Tons|| Clan = 0.5|
IS = 1
|Ammo Per Ton||100|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||1,000|
|BV (2.0)|| IS = 6|
As its name implies, the Heavy Machine Gun is a larger version of the standard Machine Gun. First introduced by Clan Smoke Jaguar, their demise hastened its dissemination to the other Clans, while the Taurian Concordat was able to perfect the Inner Sphere version of the weapon. Twice as heavy as its more traditional cousin, the Heavy Machine Gun does half again as much damage, though at the cost of a third of the already short range.
The Heavy Machine Gun is manufactured on the following planets:
|Ceres Arms Model 8||Capella?||Ceres Metals Industries||???|||
|Series XIV||Unknown||Luthien Armor Works||SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle|||
- TechManual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Total Warfare p. 217 "Burst Fire Weapons Versus Infantry Table
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 294, "Heavy Weapon Ammunition - Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 228, "Heavy Machine Gun"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 26-27, "SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle"