MacGregor's Armored Scouts
|MacGregor's Armored Scouts|
|Unit Profile (as of 3028)|
Formation and Third Succession WaEdit
The unit came into being in 30th Century, forming in 2933, at same time as another independant Capellan was formed, the McCrimmon's Light Cavalry. The unit first saw action in the following year on Hsien. There, they were outclass and out gunned by elements the House Marik's Atrean Dragoons attacked. The Scouts took heavy damage, including its Third Battalion while holding out against the Dragoons. Only the timely arrival of McCrimmon's Light Cavalry and some of the Warrior House regiments did the Scouts prevail against the Dragoons. Its Third battalion was re-organized into large mechanized infantry force.
In 2950, the Scouts managed to drive off elements of the Regulan Hussars on Ohrensen. After the action a lance worth of Long Tom Artillery pieces were salvaged, helping to ofset the regiment's heavy equipment losses.
The Scouts suffered it from massive Aerospace Assault in 2970, while on Harsefeld. The unit was devastated the elements of several Marik Militias which were brought together to be part of that aerospace force. The unit had since then been assigned to world Tikonov as part of the reserve force defending the planet.
Fourth Succession WarEdit
In the Fourth Succession War the First battalion was destroyed in the failed defense of Tikonov. The Second battalion lost two companies in the failed defense of Alrescha and the last company surrendered on Basalt where it took part in Operation Riposte. The last company of Second Battalion surrendered to the Fourth Davion Guards.
|Commanding Officers of the MacGregor's Armored Scouts|
|Colonel||Adam Kingston Bailey||3025|
A stylized black and white shield in a yellow border.
- CO: Colonel Adam Kingston Bailey
- 1st Battalion
- Major Nora Cantwell
- 2nd Battalion
- Major James Boylan
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 49, "Limits of Success" - Third paragraph, actual planet MacGregory attacked by Atreus Dragoons, entry in profile of Scouts is incorrect. Location deep in Marik space vs attacking in the CC.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 94, "MacGregor's Armored Scouts".
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, p. 25
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - "