- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||Pitban 320 XL|
|Communications System||Lockheed/CBM COMSET 300|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Lockheed/CBM TarSet 75|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed due to aftermath of the Jihad, the STM-O Sternensturm Light Class OmniFighter which was originally produced for the Lyran Commonwealth's Armed Forces. The Jihad had devastated LCAF's aerospace assets, help compliment need for more light fighters Lockheed/CBM of Tharkad was commissioned create a new design to help replenish its forces. While the fighter would be produced for Commonwealth's armed forces, it would also be sold to mercenary commands who maintained contracts with House Steiner, including the Kell Hounds.
Shortly after the Sternensturm, the light fighter would soon prove its value in 3099, when it was utilized against Clan Jade Falcon forces conducting an exploratory raid on Graus. Assigned to the 2nd Donegal Guards, the fighter made a big showing by providing ground support fire against 3rd Falcon Talons.
Armament and Capacities
The Sternensturm is capable of high speed and is utilized as interceptor thanks to its Pitban 320-Rated Extra-Light Engine. The craft's airframe is capable of handling 10 tons worth of Omni Podded weapons and equipment. Thickly armored for a light aerospace fighter, the craft's hull is protected with 11.5 tons of Donegal Omni-Sheath Heavy Ferro-Aluminum. Like most aerospace craft, the fighter's armor is thickest in its nose, while its aft receives an modest amount of armor.
The Fighter's Primary Configuration consists of intermediate and short ranged weaponry. Three Extended-Range Medium Lasers found in the craft's nose. Each of its wing's mounts a single 4-tubed Streak Short-Range Missile launch, while hull carries a single ton of ammunition.
- A Config. - This advanced tech configuration of the Sternensturm has singular but Extended Range PPC which is augmented by an PPC Capacitor. BV(2.0) = 1,693
- B Config - Capable of effectively undertaking escort duty and screening missions, the B Configuration armed four Anti-Missile Systems split between its wings. In addition, the fighter mounts a Guardian ECM Suite and Beagle Active Probe give it additional electronics warfare capacities. This Sternensturm configuration's offensive weaponry consists of four ER Medium Lasers. BV(2.0) = 1,512
The name Sternensturm translates from German language as Star Storm.
The Sternensturm has the following Design Quirk:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 49 Sternensturm - BV2
- Master Unit Listing Profile for the Sternensturm which includes BV2 & Intro Year.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 48 Sternensturm - Background and brief history
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 48-49 Sternensturm - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 49 & 107 Sternensturm - A Configuration.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 49 & 108 Sternensturm - B Configuration.