Arrow IV Artillery(Redirected from Arrow IV)
|Arrow IV Artillery|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2850|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2850|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2835|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3044|
|Long Range|| Clan = 9 Maps
IS = 8 Maps
|Tons|| Clan = 12
IS = 15
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 12
IS = 15
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||10,000|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 240
IS = 240
The Arrow IV is a stand-alone, missile based, artillery system, designed to augment conventional systems such as the Long Tom and the Sniper. It was first introduced by the Terran Hegemony in 2593 and became a staple of the Star League Defense Force by 2600.  Although the technology to create Arrow IVs was lost during the Star League's collapse, it was recovered by Capellan Confederation engineers in 3044 working off of surviving examples and the Helm Memory Core.
Arrow IV launchers can be equipped with standard unguided area saturation missiles, causing massive damage to any unit within its 45-meter blast radius, or homing missiles which work in concert with forward units carrying Target Acquisition Gear to lessen collateral damage. The Prototype (known as the Arrow-P) version is bulkier and heavier than a standard Arrow IV launcher by a ton, and can only carry 4 shots per ton of conventional homing ammo. The Clan version is lighter than both, and can also deliver a FASCAM (Field Artillery Scatterable Mines) round.
Alternative Ammunition TypesEdit
Other Non-Artillery Arrow IV Ammunition TypesEdit
Arrow IV Artillery is manufactured on the following planets:
|Luxor Mobile Battery 1||Menke||Menke Armor and Armament||Catapult CPLT-C3|||
|Shigunga||Luthien||Luthien Armor Works||O-Bakemono OBK-M10|||
|Valiant Catapult||Robinson||Valiant Systems||Longbow LGB-8V|||
|Lithobolos||Alphard||Marian Arms Incorporated||Testudo Siege Tank|||
Alternative Ammunition GalleryEdit
- Tactical Operations, pp. 404-405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat And Construction Data"
- Interstellar Operations, p. 70, "Arrow-P"
- Second Succession War, p. 102, "Weapons and Equipment Extinction Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 184, "Artillery Ordnance Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 181, "Artillery Ranges Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 284, "Artillery - Arrow IV Artillery Missile"
- BattleTech Master Rules, p. 123-124, "Artillery Weapons - Arrow IV Artillery Missile System"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 20, "Testudo Siege Tank"