|Colors/Badge||black and copper; a black compass star against a copper field|
|Faction Affiliation||House Davion|
|BattleMechs|| 28 (3054) |
Solaris Riots of 3062Edit
As the divided Federated Commonwealth and Lyran Commonwealth were experiencing increasing tensions during Archon-Princess Katrina Steiner-Davion's joint rule, Drew Hasek-Davion attempted to take advantage of the situation by elevating his stable's Champion Michael "Stormin" Searcy the "Champion of the Federated Suns", to be the 3063 Solaris Champion. Matches leading to Searcy's match with House Steiner comeback hopeful Victor Vandergriff were marred in violent riots, secretly stoked by Hasek-Davion. On August 15th, 3062 the Champion match between the Blackstar's champion and Lynch Stables went out of control. A failure of Steiner Stadium's detonator grid pushed the brutal match into the streets of Solaris City, triggering a city wide riot between Solaris Warriors, fighting mostly along national lines. Hasek-Davion had prepared for this and Blackstar's Michael Searcy led the most organized group in the fighting. During the initial fighting at the Stadium Blackstar MechWarrior Garrett, a former Clan Smoke Jaguar, murdered Solaris Champion Thomas Gross and stole his newly acquired Masakari OmniMech. Garrett went on a violent spree through the Kobe district of Solaris City, where went to destroy anything affiliated the destroyer of his Clan. Near end of the '62 riots Blackstar lost its champion due to his differences with Drew Hasek-Davion's methods of doing "business". After Searcy-Vangriff re-match in the ruins of Steiner Stadium, Blackstar's owner was killed at his mansion.
After this events, the Stable suffered massive deflections and nearly dissapeared.
New owner and rebuildingEdit
The Stable was purchased by a wealthy New Avalon business man named, Nigel Daelun. Despite his lack of experience with as Stablemaster, he was able rebuild the near ruin stables into fighting stable shy of what had been prior to the riots as of 3067. In the words of the new Stablemaster Nigel Daelun, "The actions of Michael Searcy and Drew Hasek-Davion badly tarnished Blackstar's reputation". He started to search for fighters with talent, but more importantly, with integrity.
Stablemasters and OwnerEdit
- As of 3056, Drew Hasek-Davion was owner of Blackstar. He started as a politicacian whom attempted to use his bride's maiden name to elevate him politically and that was stopped first by Victor Stenier-Davion and then by Kai Allard-Liao on his objectives. Technically fleeing his home to avoid any political repercusions against him, he travelled to Solaris where he bought Backstar Stables and tried to use it to promote his political agenda until his death during the Solaris Riots of 3062 in a car bombing at his manor (The Green Mansion, located in Black Hills). He had been trying to manipulate the Solaris Riots and control them for his own needs, resorting to sabotage (robbing shipments from other stables, Lyran alied if possible, and also direct 'Mech sabotage one which also ended in the death of Torrence Klein), and even trying to have killed James Stroud, stable owner from the Skye Tigers Stables.
- As of 3067, Nigel Daelun was the owner of Blackstar, a man without noble pedigre and without experience when he bought the Stable, he has shown good managerial skills which have saved the Stable.
- Vince Cooper is a retired veteran of the First Aragon Borderers that served as a Colonel under Michael Hasek-Davion and remains a staunchy anti-Federated Commonwealth. Though 96 years at 3051 he has not lost his edge. He is a severe trainer though he is know to be able to praise them if impressed. The MechWarriors adore him, maybe even more than the stablemaster.
- Gordon Willner is the Senior Tech of the stable. His technology expertise is unquestioned, though his interpersonal skills are lacking.
- Erin Cornsbuck also doubles as Weapons Master in 3067.
- Erin Cornsbuck is the Weapons Master of Blackstar, he served with stables during the rein of Drew Hasek-Davion. Among his duties, he acts as stable's Chief Technician, he in his later years with stables kept the rebuilt stables ahead technology to give its edge needed to survive. He is known also for his teaks of the Stables' weaponry.
|Larry Allen Barttelbort|| Civil War
|Jason Bloch||Clan Invasion||3050 and 3054 Solaris Games Grand Champion|||
|Elizabeth Dahler||Civil War||Ranked among Solaris VII's top fifty MechWarriors|||
|Karl Edwards|| Civil War
|Garrett||Civil War||Ranked among Solaris VII's top twenty MechWarriors|||
|Shayne Hasseldorf||Dark Age||3132 Solaris Games Grand Champion|||
|Laura Kidane||Civil War|||
|Aubry Larsen||Civil War|||
|Michael Searcy||Civil War|||
|David Singh||Civil War|||
|Kenyata Woods||Dark Age|||
Tactics and StyleEdit
As of 3067, the Stable tactics had become undefined due to new influx of warriors joining the stable help rebuilt it. In order to cope, new Stablemaster uses his great wealth to purchase latest in weapons technology to make up difference lack of style and tactics.
The Stable as of 3067 Veteran status with access with B Rated Equipment.
They have the following abilities/special rules when using Mappack: Solaris VII's Stable Specific Rules. (Using old rules prior to Total Warfare) A Blackstar player may choose two of their most powerful Level 1 weapons and exchange it for upgraded Inner Sphere (Level 2) technology that is the corresponding version the weapon (example PPC to ER PPC). This may be done only as long this upgrade does not violate any standard construction rules. If any of remaining tonnage is available, it maybe used towards tweaking 'Mech armor, ammunition and heat sinks only. No rolls for success of this weapons swap are necessary when using Customization rule for 'Mechs in Mappack: Solaris VII sourcebook.
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade, p. 16 "STABLE-SPECIFIC RULES"
- Illusions of Victory, - Rise and fall of Blackstar during the Solaris '62 Riots.
- Mappacks: Solaris VII, p. 22 - Thumbnail History of events between 3062 and 3067.
- Lion's Roar
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 120 "Blackstar’s Kirkpatrick Claims 3132 S7 Championship"
- Illusions of Victory
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 326 "3132 Solaris VII Championships Season Review (Conclusion)"
- Solaris VII Boxed Set - Gamemaster's Book, p. 16 "Instructor"
- Solaris VII Boxed Set - Gamemaster's Book, p. 16 "Senior Tech"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 22 Blackstar Stables/Notable Personnel - Weapons master & Chief tech.
- Solaris VII: The Game World - Game Master book, p. 16 "Blackstar Stables"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p.6 "TMC-NB TEMAX CAT NINJABOLT"
- Solaris VII Boxed Set - Gamemaster's Book, p. 16 "Blackstar Stables"
- Technical Readout 3055: Upgrade, p. 140 "TS-P1D Tsunami"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 30 "Stables of Solaris VII - Starlight Stables"
- Illusions of Victory, p. 22 Chapter 4
- Illusions of Victory, p. 50, "Chapter 10"
- Illusions of Victory, Publicly known story of Searcy.
- MechWarrior: Dark Age Collectable Miniatures Game, p. 171 'Thomas Tabor'
- Mappacks: Solaris VII, p. 22 Blackstar Stables/Tactics - No tactics due to lack of experience warrior, stable relies on technology.
- Solaris VII: Mappack, p. 27 - "Lynch Stable"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 43 Rules/Stable-Specific Rules - Blackstar Stables special abilities and augmentation for their 'Mechs.