|Manufacturer||Clan Snow Raven Industrial Complex Chi|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Engine||Type 81 Fusion 240 XL|
|Communications System||Raldon R1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Sloane 220 Lockover System|
|Jump Jets||Andoran Model JJII|
When General Aleksandr Kerensky led most of the Star League Defense Force into exile in 2784, they brought prototypes of the Clint BattleMech with them. After the annihilation of Clan Wolverine, Clan Snow Raven revisited these prototypes and was able to begin mass-production of the 'Mech in 2830 and introduced 2842. They ensured that it kept up with advances in Clan technology, eventually becoming the design that is now known as the Clint IIC. Production ceased in 2917, and in the late 30th century, the Ravens decided to decommission many less-effective designs of all sorts. It seemed fortuitous, then, when Clan Blood Spirit offered to trade some of their WarShips to the Ravens in exchange for ground units. The Ravens were only too happy to get rid of vehicles that were going to be stockpiled anyways, so many Clint IICs found their way into Clan Blood Spirit, but most of them were subsequently destroyed during the Spirits' conflict with the Adders and Burrocks. The waning fortunes of the Clint IIC were reversed in 3052, when the Ravens restarted production of the 'Mech to trade to the invading Clans for resources from the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
This speedy medium 'Mech is armed with a Type KOV LB-10X Autocannon and a pair of Series 2d ER Medium Lasers. This makes the Clint IIC an effective light 'Mech killer. It is capable of ranging far beyond supply lines thanks to its four tons of ammunition, though it only uses ten standard heat sinks and seven tons of standard armor.
- Clint IIC 2
- Developed during the Jihad in 3073, the Clint IIC 2 was fitted with an all-energy weapons configuration. The 'Mech mounts five Medium Pulse Lasers divided amongst its center torso, left torso, and right arm; one in each of the torso locations, and the remaining three in the arm. This variant has been provided eight Improved Jump Jets to greatly enhance its mobility in tactical situations. To cope with the new levels of heat, ten Double Heat Sinks are used instead of the single versions. Additionally, an ECM Suite has been allocated to the head. Lastly, Ferro-Fibrous armor now protects the design in place of the original Standard armor. BV (2.0) = 1,890
- Clint IIC 2L "Leia"
- Debuted in 3128 in Noisiel and piloted first by Natalia Porter and then by her daughter Carolyn Fischer, this Clint IIC upgrade reverses the trend of Clan-modified-Inner-Sphere machines. Starting from the Clan-built frame, the variant drops the Jump Jets to change the weapon load. It keeps the two Clan Extended Range Medium Laser and swaps the Clan LB 10-X AC for a Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser and a Medium Re-Engineered Laser mating them all to a Clan Targeting Computer. The standard plate armor is replaced with Ballistic-Reinforced Armor. BV2 = 1,480.
- MUL online date for the Clint IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 117
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 150-151, "Clint IIC 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 227
- Master Unit List, "Clint IIC introduction date"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 228, "Clint IIC's Jihad variant".
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy, pp. 14 "Clint IIC 2L Leia"