|Tech Base||Star League|
|Power Plant||Piker 180|
|Communications System||COMSTAT 500 ATM|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Ringo Plant 88|
In 2654, New Age Systems were able to secure the services of five of the greatest fighter pilots (drafted from the Free Worlds League's Nova Squadron School of Combat) and most skilled fighter combat-repair technicians in the Star League Defense Force at the time to assist in the development of a new medium weight fighter. By the end of the three-year study, the engineers at New Age Systems had produced three prototypes of the Gotha which attempted to balance the influences and opinions of the pilots and technicians, of which the 500 series proved the most successful.
While at the slower end of the medium weight class, the sleek fighter carries thirteen tons of CarbonDale IV Ferro-Aluminum armor, giving Gotha significant protection. The use of well-known and regarded equipment earned top marks from technicians assigned to the fighter, save the tendency of targeting and tracking system to jam other systems on the craft for a few seconds when initialized at full power and range.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Based on extensive pilot contributions, the Gotha features a balanced mix of long and medium range weaponry. At long ranges, the Gotha uses a pair of the well-regarded and utterly foolproof Holly LRM-15 missile racks, one mounted in each wing and drawing from a single ton of reloads, supported by a nose-mounted Starcutter PPC, fitted with a sliding safety/re-entry hatch to protect the weapon during landing. The supporting close range firepower consists of lasers produced by a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Age Systems, with two wing-mounted Allied Technologies Model 1 Small Lasers and four Allied Technologies Model 2 Medium Lasers, two forward facing in the nose and two fixed aft to discourage any enemy fighter from approaching behind.
- The 300 Series reduced the weapons in favor of heavier armor protection. This model has 16 tons of armor, far more than most medium fighters. This series was less well received than the 100 series, mostly because the bulky armor makes the craft difficult to handle in an atmosphere. BV (2.0) = 1,463
- The Jihad-era variant of the Gotha mounts a Snub-Nose PPC in nose of the craft, with two ER Medium Lasers. A pair of SRM-6 launchers and a Small Laser are mounted under each wing, while a pair of Medium Lasers are mounted facing aft. The speed of the Gotha is improved and fourteen double heat sinks replace the standard models. The craft carries 30 rounds of ammo for its SRM launchers. BV (2.0) = 1,549
- MUL online date for the Gotha
- Combat Operations, p. 107
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 99
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 238-239, "Gotha Fighter Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 347
- Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 72-73, "Gotha Fighter Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 344
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 345
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 346
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169, "SLDF Royal Variant"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League), p. 296
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 348
- ComStar, p. 83 "New Orders - New ComStar - Organization - Com Guards in Reformation - Com Guard Decorations
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3057
- Technical Readout: 3075