Broken Short CutsEdit
Someone renamed each line item in the Design Quirk page. While this added information, this also all the short cuts going to each line item. Bad Reputation was just that, now Bad Reputation [BT], thus damaging the short. It will take sometime (i don't have world time dedicating fixing all the short cuts) to repair the short cuts or move the initials next to the name to separate line. -- Wrangler (talk) 08:10, 22 February 2018 (EST)
- Yeah, I was looking at this when trying to update the final design quirks on 'Mech pages and realized the links were broken. I'm not quite sure on how to go about this. I guess putting the "[BT, AS, SBF]" stuff on a line below? I think the original editor's intention was for it to also appear on the table of contents but if it stays this way then every design quirk listed on vehicle and Mech pages would have to be changed.Thehawk (talk) 11:58, 23 April 2018 (EDT)
- Also I did find that some of the redirect links have code on them that does seem to be resolve this (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/index.php?title=Improved_Life_Support&redirect=no) although I have no idea what ".5BBT.5D" means other than "BT" probably referring to the [BT] part. Another example: (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/index.php?title=No/Minimal_Arms&redirect=no) uses "5BBT.2C AS.5D", where again it's a similar tag for "BT", and a new one for "AS". If someone could explain these codes I could assist if fixing these links. Thehawk (talk) 14:09, 23 April 2018 (EDT)
Unable to Separate Positive Design Quirks from NegativeEdit
I was trying to fix the grouping the Design Quirk's page separator between the Positive and Negative Time Quirks. Unfortunately, i have failed, since i don't understand how this formating/template works. Negative Quirks headline has disappeared, though its seeable if you edit the page. Can someone fix this? -- Wrangler (talk) 08:10, 22 February 2018 (EST)
Quirk information needs to be updated with ErrataEdit
Additionally, there seem to be some grammar errors in a few places.
One of the quirks that got updated in Errata was Improved Communications, which in addition to reducing the severity of sensor ghosts experienced by an applicable unit, also allows BattleMechs (with the correct equipment) to attempt a satellite uplink and not receive any penalties.
Three other quirks that got updated were Accurate Weapon, Extended Torso Twist, and Fast Reload:
- Accurate Weapon now indicates that for weapons that don't do any damage, such as the Target Acquisition Gear, the cost is always 2 points.
- If Extended Torso Twist is given to a Quad Mech, which normally cannot twist its torso, it gains the ability to do a non-extended Torso Twist.
- By default, Fast Reload now affects all weapons on a mech unless otherwise noted.
I got this information when I tried to check the errata regarding the Improved Sensors quirk so I could get the range on the free Active Probe that it provided, but I was unable to find that information sadly. Amaroq Dricaldari (talk) 04:35, 19 March 2018 (EDT)
The mechs in the once-canon (but now Apocryphal) StarDrive magazine have some interesting behavior that predates the Design Quirk rules, and could be classified as Apocryphal Design Quirks (All of which are unnamed). Some of them didn't affect gameplay, such as a mech being slightly slower or faster than normal (except the Junior, once you do some rounding, since it can run at 69.9 km/h), but others can actually have some very helpful benefits (or pretty annoying consequences), such as the Junior's more reliable Targeting System which suffers a smaller penalty from sensor damage (or the fact said Targeting System can only be used on mechs with three weapons or less, respectively). Additionally, the Junior also had a habit of shutting down unexpectedly when it entered water.
- The article does cover Quirks as per game rules, as opposed to fluff, although it is indeed fluff like this that gave rise to the quirks concept in the first place. Anyways, as long as there is no offical optional quirk rule, fluffed quirks belong (only) in the article for the respective 'Mech, in my opinion. Frabby (talk) 07:23, 19 March 2018 (EDT)