Knives in the Dark
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Knives in the Dark|
|Author||Randall N. Bills|
|Cover artwork||David Kerber|
|First published||05 December 2019|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Timeline||17 November 3003 - 4 November 3008|
|Series||MechWarrior 5: Origins|
|Preceded by||Dissimulate Wanderer|
|Followed by||A Skein of Schemes|
Knives in the Dark, subtitled A MechWarrior 5 Origins Series Story, Installment 6, is an original BattleTech novella penned by Randall N. Bills. It was released in electronic format on 05 December 2019.
The MechWarrior 5 Origins series is offered as a free tie-in product supporting the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries computer game; the individual stories narrate the backgrounds of important characters from the game.
This novella is a promotional publication going with MechWarrior 5 and, like MechWarrior 5, derives from Piranha Games' license to BattleTech video games instead of the (distinct) "mainline" BattleTech license held by Catalyst Game Labs. As such it does not meet the criteria for canon in the "mainline" BattleTech universe and is therefore flagged as apocryphal.
- Brooklynn Cameron-Jones (Brooklynn Jales)
- Captain Chloe Reed
- Count Derick Cameron-Jones
- Dawson Clarmont
- Fahad Arazad
- Nikolai Mason
- Ryana Campbell
- Albert Marik (mentioned)
- Anton Marik (mentioned)
- Charles Marik (mentioned)
- Ian Cameron (mentioned)
- Janos Marik (mentioned)
- Jules Vonic (mentioned)
- Katrina Steiner (mentioned)
- Terrence Marik IV (mentioned)
- General Willis Crawford (mentioned)
The canon character of Count Derrick Cameron-Jones is mispelt as "Derick", dropping one of the "r's".