- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Use|| Attack Ship |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Length||89 meters meters|
|Width||75 meters meters|
|Height||75 meters meters|
|Drive System||GM 5600 Sublite Maneuver Drives|
|Fuel (tons)||600 tons|
|Armament|| 9 x ER PPCs |
4 x Gauss Rifles
9 x ER Large Lasers
8 x LRM 20 w/ Artemis IV
12 x Medium Lasers
|Crew|| 4 Officers |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||1/8|
|Heat Sinks||170 (340)|
The Pentagon-class Assault DropShip was first designed for the Terran Hegemony Navy in the 26th Century when it needed a anti-fighter escort for its Congress-class Frigates. With a maximum acceleration of 5.573 Gs and six hundred tons of fuel, it was faster than any other DropShip of its era and could keep pace with most other aerospace fighters over great distances. Its 75.5 tons of armor and mix of lethal weaponry made it one of the most heavily armed and armored DropShip of its time.
During the Star League era, the Pentagon served with distinction during the Periphery uprisings and the Amaris Civil War. One of its more noted actions occurred during the Second Periphery Uprising. The SLS Star Devil, a Congress-class ship, was conducting a sweep of an uninhabited star system when it had a chance encounter with a Taurian assault convoy, consisting of four Lola II-class Destroyers and a number of JumpShips, heading for Brisbane. The Star Devil launched her two Pentagons, which engaged the convoy's fighter escorts and destroyed four enemy JumpShips before being destroyed themselves. The Star Devil was also destroyed after taking three of the Lola IIs with her.
It was thought the design had become extinct after the liberation of Terra. However, in 3068 during Comstar's Case White assault against Terra, Word of Blake forces deployed a new version of the Pentagon with much heavier armament.
The nose of the craft carries two each of Gauss Rifles, LRM-20s, ER PPCs and ER Large Lasers, with a similar set providing additional coverage along its left and right forward firing arc. Covering the rear firing arcs is a single ER Large Laser with four Medium Lasers in addition to an ER PPC and LRM-20. Located in the aft of the craft is another ER Large Laser with four Medium Lasers and an ER PPC. Each of the missile launchers is fitted with an Artemis IV Fire Control System, and at full capacity the Pentagon carries 80 Gauss Rifle rounds and 174 LRM-20 missiles.
The ship has a single cargo bay, with a total capacity of 407 tons.
- Pentagon Pocket Warship - Developed in secret during the 3060s by Word of Blake, the design drops its marine compliment, missile armament and a significant amount of cargo capacity for an AR-10 missile launcher. The capital missile capacity of this variant includes two White Sharks, four Killer Whales, and four Barracuda missiles.
There is no printed record sheets for variant of the Pentagon as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised p. 112 - BV1 for the Pentagon DropShip.
- Technical Readout: 3075 p. 192 - BV 2 of Pentagon from TRO 3075.
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 112-113
- TRO:3075 p. 192 - Pentagon - Word of Blake variant of the Pentagon.