|Manufacturer||Alphard Trading Corporation|
|Armor||StarSlab 7 Standard|
|Engine||145 Leenex Fusion|
|Communications System||Alphard Original Two|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mk. II|
Designed as a fast, cheap, and effective raider, the J.Edgar was the last military vehicle that Alphard Trading Corporation manufactured before they disappeared during the conflagration of the Succession Wars. Unfortunately, the J.Edgar proved quite ineffective and was soon phased out, until Pinard Protectorates Limited licensed the design and began manufacturing new variants.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The vehicle mounts a Medium Laser and a pair of SRM 2s, optimizing it for close range raiding missions. Using its astonishing speed, it closes in and fires a full alpha strike before quickly falling back to evade the enemy's return fire.
- This 3053 spotter variant mounts a TAG and a Beagle Active Probe, in lieu of the SRMs, for spotting and acquiring targets deep behind enemy lines. Two Medium Lasers are also carried for self defense. The Active Probe allows it to detect powered down or hidden targets within the area. While carrying 1/2 ton less armor in order to fit the electronics, upgrading to Ferro-Fibrous gives it slightly more protection. BV (1.0) = 359  BV (2.0) = 564
- Internal Combustion Engine
- During the Succession Wars, many J. Edgars were heavily damaged, so their expensive and rare fusion engines were usually replaced with older and bulkier Internal Combustion Engines. First seen in 2854 this alteration greatly reduced the tank's maximum speed to 129 km/h and required a full ton of armor plating to be removed.
- The Kurita 3053 variant drops both SRM 2 packs of the primary variant in order to add two additional Medium Lasers plus one Small Laser to the turret. It also is equipped with a C3 Slave to connect to other C3 units. Like the TAG variant, this carries 6 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (1.0) = 527  BV (2.0) = 696
- Fuel Cell
- Developed by Scarborough Manufacturers on Al Na'ir in 2998, this J. Edgar used a Fuel Cell engine instead of the fusion engine of the original. Though the ground speed remained the same, the armament did not. The Laser and missile systems were dropped in favor of a Light Rifle and twin Machine Guns. The design was seen as only marginally effective, and when Takashi Kurita came to power he cancelled the project.
- MUL online date for the J. Edgar
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p.8
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 26
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p.7
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 25
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1, p. 10