|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Advanced Armor|
The Kopis battle armor was designed by StarCorps Industries as an assault unit. Slow but heavily armed, the Kopis can remain on the battlefield supporting friendly units for a long time. The advanced armor used by the Kopis designers allows it to stand up to most weaponry, shrugging off anything short of a PPC or AC/10 hit. The low top speed is mitigated through the use of VTOL transportation for offensive operations, while smart commanders use the Kopis as a defense unit for cities or other tight terrain. In those restricted environments the low top speed isn't a factor. The standard model was given the nickname of the "The Dark Alley".
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Carrying nearly as much firepower as a Succession Wars-era Stinger, the Kopis is equipped with a pair of Medium Lasers. Instead of mounting heavy missile racks that provide a few salvos of firepower, the Kopis' designers used energy weapons backed up by enough power packs to ensure that the armor would be useful on the battlefield for a long time. The power packs allow the Kopis to fire the lasers thirty times before running out of power.
For anti-infantry work the Kopis mounts a Heavy Battle Claw and an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount on each arm. These claws are fearsome melee combat weapons, and the AP Weapon mounts allow the trooper to carry smaller anti-infantry weapons without using the Medium Lasers.
Originally, the Kopis's standard model was without a name. However with the publication of the Cutting Edge edition of the Record Sheet: 3085, the "Standard Model" name is changed for the Dark Alley.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 12-13, "Kopis Assault Battle Armor"
- MUL online date for the Kopis
- Master Unit List Profile for the Kopis (Anti-Infantry) variant
- Master Unit List Profile for the Kopis (MK II) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 33
- Master Unit List Profile for the Kopis (MK IIr) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 34
- Master Unit List Profile for the Kopis (Mortar) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 35
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 8, Dark Alley's stats are identical to the Standard Model listed in the original Technical Readout: 3085