Battle of Luthien (Jihad)(Redirected from Luthien campaign (Jihad))
|Battle of Luthien (Jihad)|
|Part of Jihad era|
|Loyalists (to the Draconis Combine's Coordinator)||Kokuryu-kai
Word of Blake
|Clan Nova Cat
Clan Ghost Bear
The Black Dragon Society had influenced the involvement of the four Alshain Avengers regiments to seize Alshain back from Clan Ghost Bear in 3062. As the conflict escalated into all-out warfare between the Combine and the Clan, the 2nd Sword of Light was split into two and deployed to the worlds of Constance and Garstedt. Following the war, the Second's CO, Tai-sa Li Sak To, grew more bitter over the level of support the DCMS provided the unit, which he blamed on Theodore Kurita's reforms. This led him to overtly allow a greater Society influence to permeate throughout the unit, until a majority was solidly in favor of a top-level change within the Combine.
In December 3067, the 1st Genyosha, 2nd Sword of Light, Otomo and Izanagi Warriors were the defending DCMS forces on Luthien. Tai-sa To accepted the orders from the Black Dragon Society and initiated a coup against the Imperial government on Luthien. Almost a battalion of Loyalist members of the 2nd Sword, plus support crews, mutinied against To, for what they took as his traitorous actions.
- January 1st, 3068: The Battle for the Imperial Palace took place.
- In February 3068, the 1st Genyosha was reinforced by surviving elements of the Fourteenth Sun Zhang Academy Cadre, adding almost a battalion's worth of additional strength.
- July 18th, 3069: The Kokuryu-kai, Word of Blake and loyalists to House Kurita engage in the Battle of the LAW City Ruins.
- August 23rd, 3072: Clan Nova Cat and the Word of Blake engage in the Battle of the Kyoto Zen Arcology Project.
- November 28th, 3073: The Word of Blake engages the Kokuryu-kai in the First Battle of the Takashi Memorial Spaceport.
- March 14th, 3074: The Word of Blake tricks the Kokuryu-kai into softening up the Loyalist defenses in the Battle of Skytower City.
- December 21st, 3074: Clan Ghost Bear arrives over Luthien and hot-drops Rho Galaxy on top of the Word of Blake's 32nd Division in the Second Battle of the Takashi Memorial Spaceport.
- By December 3074, the remaining strength of the 1st Genyosha was no more than two reinforced companies.
The campaign on Luthien was fought by several different factions seeking different, but sometimes parallel, goals. These combatants were:
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 6-7, "Combatants"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 8, "Traitor's Kiss"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 8-9, "Bullet In the Blue Sky"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 9, "Feline Ferocity"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 10, "Tunnel Rats"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 10-11, "Light Machine"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 11, "Damnation"