Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Algol neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||64.875 : -67.773[e]|
|Star names||Belial, Bael, Ahriman, Asmoday|
|Recharge time||186 hours|
The Algol system consists of altogether four suns "collectively known as Algol": Belial and Bael ("blue-white pinheads", close together and presumably forming a binary), Ahriman ("a red dot"), and Asmoday ("yellowish"). LinkNet describes Algol as a G5V star system with nine planets, without mentioning additional suns. This does not technically rule out altogether four suns, however. G5V class indicates a yellow star and it can thus be assumed that the "yellowish" sun (Asmoday), incidentally the only one in the system that isn't explicitly described as relatively small, is the primary star and is of G5V class.
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Hargrove, Sung)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Count Wayne Hargrove-Sung (3028)|
Governor: Ken Huynh (3130)
Planetary Legate: Hans Patchell (3130)
|Population|| 3,354,000,000 (3067)|
|Socio-Industrial Levels||C-B-C-C-A (3067)|
Algol IV—more commonly referred to simply as Algol, and implicitly the primary settled world in the system—is the fourth planet in the Algol system and has two moons named Hargrove and Sung.
When the first settlers colonized Algol they built their capital city, Algol City, on the coast of Shalom to take advantage of the rich supply of fish there. The discovery that the continent of Durant was covered in rich fertile soil led to it being developed for agricultural concerns, and Algol would go on to be an exporter to every planet within a jump of itself. During the early part of the twenty-third century the power of the Terran Alliance was waning, and the Tikonov Union launched a military campaign that captured Algol as well as the worlds of Rio, Mirach, Tybalt and Ruchbah. Algol would continue to be a member of the Union after the Tikonov Union became the Tikonov Grand Union in 2243.
By the 2350s the Tikonov Grand Union was experiencing severe turmoil due to internal economic problems and external conflicts. Having lost a war with the Terran Hegemony over the worlds of the Chisholm Protectorate in the late 2330s, the Grand Union then found itself battling the Federated Suns in the 2340s. The nearby Sarna Supremacy looked to capitalize on the Grand Union's problems by annexing various Grand Union worlds, and elements of the 141st and 173rd Sarna Shock Brigades landed on Algol and the nearby world of Slocum in 2351. In 2358, the new president of the Capellan Commonality, Selek Tucas, declared himself the arbitrator of the dispute between the Supremacy and the Grand Union and awarded ownership of Algol, Slocum and Azha to the Supremacy; despite this, by 2366 Algol would be a member of the Tikonov Grand Union again.
Fourth Succession WarEdit
The Ariana Fusiliers were defeated on this world during the Fourth Succession War. The ruler of the world at that time, Count Wayne Hargrove-Sung negotiated with the AFFS to surrender the world. Doing so prevented further damage to the planet's agricultural base.
During the last two weeks of October 3069 the Word of Blake launched a fresh wave of planetary assaults, further expanding the borders of the Word of Blake Protectorate. The assaults saw a number of new planets incorporated into the Protectorate, often after the threat - or use - of orbital bombardment or biological, chemical or nuclear weapons to destroy local defenses; Algol was one of the worlds brought into the Protectorate in this fashion.
After the Federated Suns took control of the world, the AFFS created a massive munitions plant and storage depot in the city of Groffer's Toll. The Blakist commander used the storage depot as a prison for the AFFS members who had surrendered. They tried to break out, and the Blakists destroyed the prison, killing nearly everyone.
Algol IV has two large continents named Shalom and Durant; in addition to the two main continents there are a number of islands scattered around the surface of the planet. The Durant continent is home to rich, fertile soil.
|System position||unknown (any of 1-3 or 5-9 of 9)|
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Ratra), possibly more|
|Atmospheric pressure||unknown (not breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||unknown (implicitly very cold)|
|Highest native life||none known|
Kali is a barren, cold and inhospitable planet in the Algol system. Its atmosphere is not breathable. Since its description cannot be reconciled with the information given about Algol IV, Kali must be one of the other eight planets in the system. It was mentioned to possess at least one "great moon", Ratra; unclear wording leaves it open if Kali features additional moons.
The only named installation on Kali is Warex Base, a Capellan military installation as of 3026. In January of that year, Tormano Liao encountered and bested a doppelganger who had been sent by his father concurrently with a BattleMech strike force from the Federated Suns attacking Warex Base. Context indicates that Warex Base was the only habitable installation within reach, and possibly on the entire planet, for the Liao defenders. Although the survival of Tormano Liao implies that the base was ultimately successfully defended, there is no information regarding the outcome of the battle, nor any later information about (or mentioning of) Warex Base or the planet Kali. This could be taken to mean the base was destroyed or otherwise abandoned.
- First Ariana Fusiliers
- Hansen's Roughriders
- ca. 2227 - Terran Alliance 
- ca. 2228 - 2243 - Tikonov Union 
- 2243 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2351-2352 - Tikonov Grand Union (occupied by the Sarna Supremacy) 
- 2358 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3059 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3061 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from November)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Federated Suns
- 3081 - Federated Suns 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Azha||19.7||New Aragon||20.9||New Hessen||21.9||Hamal||24.3|
|Tybalt||53.5||Hean||54.2||Terra Firma||54.4||Deneb Kaitos||54.8|
|Snailzar||55.3||New Macao||56.0||Zaurak||56.1||New Canton||56.8|
|Second Try||56.9||Bell (CC)||57.6||Ashkum||57.7||Palos||58.7|
- The real-world Algol star system, also known as Beta Persei or, in a translation of the star's original arabic name ra's al-ghūl (head of the ogre), the "Demon Star", is a system with three suns, as opposed to the four-sun system its BattleTech counterpart is described as.
- The system's four suns are described and named in the short story Think like a Liao. LinkNet meanwhile, and the Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130) document that was compiled from LinkNet, describes a standard G5V system and provides much of the additional data on Algol IV and the system as a whole. While the former source was apparently overlooked when the latter data was generated, both sources are fully canonical and their data is not technically incompatible.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 187, "Algol Planet Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 93, "Algol"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 85, "Ruchbah World Profile"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 20
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 19, "Terra Resurgent"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 23, "Friends And Other Enemies"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 24, "Tucas Takes Over"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Think like a Liao
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11, "Operation RAT"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 108, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 30, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 137, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Region Deployment Map "
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Region Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130) (from LinkNet)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Mercenaries
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Shattered Sphere
- Think like a Liao (in: Shrapnel)