|Manufacturer|| Matabushi Incorporated|
Shipil CompanyFederated-Boeing 
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||Star League V450|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||306 tons|
|Fuel (days)||166.3 days|
|Armament|| 6x PPCs |
12x Medium Lasers
6x Large Lasers
|Armor|| Standard |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||3/3|
|Heat Sinks||120 (single)|
|BV (2.0)||4,702|
The Overlord is one of the primary 'Mech transport DropShips in the Inner Sphere. Capable of carrying a full 'Mech battalion and a squadron of Aerospace Fighters, as well as most of the technical support for both, the nearly-10,000 ton vessel has proven its worth as a dedicated combat transport. Usually kept out of combat to minimize the risk of loss of these expensive vessels, when grounded they often serve as dedicated command stations and resupply bases in longer campaigns. These highly valued ships started to become scarce in the later Succession Wars, but rediscovered technology and refits have continued to keep them in service.
The armament of the Overlord is impressive for a dedicated 'Mech transport, but pales in comparison to most Assault DropShips and newer designs with better technology. Long range fire is covered by six PPCs, six Large Lasers and three LRM-20s. Close in firepower is mostly built around its two AC/20s, with support from six AC/5s and twelve Medium Lasers. It carries sufficient ammo for those weapons that need it, but not enough for a drawn out engagement.
- Bay 1: 36 'Mechs - 6 Doors
- Bay 2: 50 tons of Cargo - 1 Door
- Bay 3: 6 Fighters - 2 Doors
The number of variants of the Overlord class are too numerous to list. While they were customized extensively prior to the fall of the original Star League, the later modifications to remaining units were primarily due to the inability to repair or replace damaged or lost equipment. However, mission-specific modifications remain common. For example, the Running Fox, House Davion's flagship, was modified to be more luxurious and act as a command post, for when the First Prince is on campaign.
Some notable variants include:
- Overlord (Upgrade)
- Starting in 3056, Shipil Company began production of an upgraded variant of the Overlord armed primarily with advanced weaponry. There doesn't seem to be a specific name for this upgraded version. Replacing the nose weaponry with two ER PPCs and three Gauss rifles while adding Artemis IV FCS to the missile launchers, the remainder of the energy weapons have been replaced with either pulse or extended-range variants, the advanced energy weaponry is hampered by the unchanged coolant system. Further, minor reinforcement was done to the ship's structure. BV (1.0) = 4,892, BV (2.0) = 5,680
- Overlord A3
- Developed in 3058 as a WarShip escort, the A3 removes the 'Mech bays, freeing up space and weight to boost the armor and weaponry, replacing the existing array with eleven ER PPCs, twelve Gauss Rifles and ER Large Lasers, sixteen Medium Lasers, four Artemis enhanced LRM-20s, four Large Pulse Lasers and ten Medium Pulse Lasers. Most notably the A3 carries an AR-10 capital missile launcher and a massive teleoperated Kraken-T launcher in its nose, retaining the fighter bays while adding berths for a platoon of Battle Armor marines. BV (1.0) = 21,831 (21.988) BV (2.0) = 24,600
- Overlord A3A
- Developed alongside the A3, this version replaces the Kraken-T missile launcher with a second AR-10. It carries ten Gauss Rifles, eleven ER PPCs, twelve ER Large Lasers, twelve Medium Lasers, four LRM-20s with Artemis, four Large Pulse Lasers, ten Medium Pulse Lasers, a Screen Launcher and four Laser AMS. This variant of the Overlord cannot carry any marines or battle armor, but does carry six fighters. BV (2.0) = 18,624
Overlord Ship GalleryEdit
Original Overlord-class DropShip (with 'Mech silhouette for scale) from TRO: 3025.
- Dropships and Jumpships, p.17
- Handbook Davion p.181
- MUL online date for the Overlord
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 52 - BV1
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 247
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 172: Overlord - Notable DropShip Running Fox fluff mentions Overlord modifications for Hanse Davion's flagship.
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 52 - Overlord variants
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 52 - Background, stats, and BV1 of Overlord (Upgrade)
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 248
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 180 - A3's background, stats, and Battle Value 1.
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 249
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 307
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 308