Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Sevon nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||465.538 : 132.818[e]|
|Recharge time||203 hours|
The Sevon system is located near the Lushann and Mitchella systems and consists of a class M2V primary orbited by at least five planets. During the thirty-first century a recharge station was in place at the system zenith jump point.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||31°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population|| 1,244,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Judith Romano)|
In the twenty-sixth century, Sevon was a planet with a slowly-growing industrial base focused on mineral and ore processing along with food packaging, which supported a moderate population of farmers, ranchers and miners. While the world retained the traditions of the Omniss and shunned all of the advanced technologies that were not considered essential, the inhabitants of Sevon were dedicated to their freedoms and way of life; it was this dedication that resulted in them consenting to the deployment of units from the Outworlds Alliance Militia prior to the beginning of the Star League campaign to forcibly integrate or conquer all of the Periphery states.
After the first wave of attacks on the Outworlds Alliance in 2581, the commander of the Star League task force, General Amos Forlough intended to bring an early end to the campaign by securing Sevon as the base for a strike directly on Alpheratz and the heart of the Outworlds Alliance. Having already led two divisions from II Corps against Niles - the Fourth Division and the Sixth Royal Division - Forlough landed both divisions on Sevon on the 3rd of October 2581.
Sevon became the site of one of the most important events in the Star League campaign against the Outworlds Alliance; Forlough was aware of the Militia forces on Sevon, but was completely unaware of the presence of the Pitcairn Legion, and Colonel Elias Pitcairn used that to his full advantage. No sooner had the Star League Defense Force group landed than Pitcairn contacted Forlough in full Federated Suns uniform at the head of a company of BattleMechs in Federated Suns colors - with a Federated Suns flag flying over the capital city. Pitcairn claimed that Sevon was a Federated Suns protectorate, and ordered Forlough's forces to leave the planet.
Despite having just a few companies of infantry and BattleMechs on the ground supported by an aerospace fighter Combat Air Patrol, Forlough immediately ordered his forces to attack, presuming that Pitcairn and his forces were simply a distraction or decoy. He was rapidly disabused of that notion; the single company of Mechs wasn't simply a picket line, but rather the visible element of a mixed regiment of Pitcairn legion 'Mechs and Alliance armor. Pitcairn's forces surrounded the advancing SLDF forces at the small hamlet of Camden Fields and stopped them dead in their tracks after a thirty minute battle.
That was just the beginning of Forlough's problems; while his landing party was tied up, two fighter wings were intercepting the Star League CAP, and the remaining Pitcairn Legion fighters had combined forces with the Fourth Armored Division forces to assault the Sixth Royal Division landing zone along with the other two regiments from the Legion. Less than a quarter of the Sixth Royal armor and Mech forces had been disembarked from their DropShips, and although they rapidly formed a defensive perimeter, the Legion forces concentrated on destroying all of the disembarked forces. Not content with attacking the perimeter, the Legion forces advanced only far enough to engage the perimeter directly... while giving Alliance recovery teams cover to salvage as much SLDF equipment as could safely be recovered.
As Pitcairn had anticipated, the Star League Fourth Division moved to support the Sixth Royal Division by dispatching two full brigades to counterattack the Alliance forces from the nearby Fourth Division landing zone, but the Fourth Division response was several hours later than Pitcairn had allowed for. This gave Pitcairn time to decide to cede the field to the Star League forces, having made use of the time to destroy 6 DropShips and more than 200 assorted 'Mechs and tanks, reducing the Sixth Royal Division to a shambles in the single most effective Alliance action of the war to date.
Forlough sent the Fourth Division out on seek and destroy missions targeting the Legion forces, while Pitcairn spent several days replacing lost equipment with salvage from the Sixth Royal; Pitcairn then dispatched small detachments out to conduct raids and spoiling attacks across a wide area before bringing the bulk of the Legion back into the fray on the 7th of October. Having concealed themselves in hidden positions in the western OberSevon roughlands, Pitcairn struck against two SLDF columns hunting amidst the local towns and mining cooperatives. The result was both SLDF columns breaking and a running battle that ended at Big Tusk, where Forlough dropped two additional BattleMech battalions into the fray. The end result was a three-day escalation of combat with both sides feeding units into the battle until almost every battle-ready formation on both sides was engaged in an obvious stalemate. This stalemate continued until the 12th of October, at which point joint messages from Ian Cameron and Prince Davion arrived, instructing both sides to break off attacks until the "question of Sevon" could be determined politically.
The Star League forces had been singularly unprepared for the level of resistance encountered on Sevon; previous battles had led the SLDF to anticipate dealing with local forces consisting of little more than upset, poorly-trained citizens with basic firearms and petrol bombs, and instead spent months tangling with thousands of determined local citizens backed up by multiple 'Mech battalions, a deadly force that was well-armed and disciplined and had excellent leadership. The local forces had consistently responded to attacks with their own well-planned counterattacks; the defending forces had access to long-range artillery and subjected SLDF forces to steady bombardment, while Pitcairn's forces were happy to use light 'Mechs such as Wasps and Stingers to brawl with Forlough's 'Mech forces, while heavier 'Mechs such as Warhammers prevented reinforcements from reaching those under attack.
The enforced truce saw both sides regroup away from Big Tusk and lasted almost two weeks, although both sides used covert reconnaissance to try and breach the enemy lines and occasionally traded fire; the tempo of operations finally changed on the 26th of October, when the Nineteenth and Twenty-fourth Galedon Regulars landed along with elements of the Seventeenth Galedon Regulars, reinforcing the II Corps forces. Star League reinforcements had been anticipated, and Pitcairn knew that he couldn't hold out against the SLDF at this point. The combined Kuritan and SLDF forces led a wide and deep attack against the city of Semal, which was the location of the headquarters for both the Pitcairn Legion and the Fourth Armored Division, as well as the location of their DropShips. Despite being able to easily surround the city, Forloughs forces were held back for a day by the Alliance defenders.
The Pitcairn Legion used artillery, air strikes and the narrow city streets to bottle up the Galedon Regulars and fight a rearguard action before finally evacuating close to midnight on the 28th of October, along with the Fourth Armored Division; whilst this left Forlough facing the remnants of the Sevon Militia, which were soon wiped out, Sevon itself remained contested throughout the five-year war. The planet never fully capitulated, and the Outworld Alliance Militia continued to support the planet through fighter and DropShip squadrons deploying into the system to harass Star League troop movements and shipping. Shipments destined for Star League forces frequently disappeared as did citizens who willingly worked for the Star League.
Despite this, Forlough continued to use Sevon as a forward base within the Alliance, resting and refitting most of II Corps on the planet in 2582 before launching attacks on worlds such as Cerberus, Mitchella, Loparri and Quatre Belle. When the Treaty of Cerberus was signed in late July 2585, Sevon wasn't just the site of the first major Star League defeats within the Alliance, but also remained an Outworlds Alliance world.
Sevon paid a heavy price for its resistance during the War; by the time peace was declared, most of the agrarian population of the planet had been killed.
The Succession WarsEdit
By the end of the Third Succession War much of the population of Sevon lived in the equatorial regions, and the locals were considered to be hard-working but also suspicious of offworlders, even other citizens of the Alliance. House Avellar maintained several hundred square kilometers of private estates on the southern continent of Sevon during this era.
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2764 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2765 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2767 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2786 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2822 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2830 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2864 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3058 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
- Ferdinard Magyar
- Planetary Militia
- CO: Chairman Khasan Parry
- - At this point in time, the Second Alliance Air Wing were deployed across Banori, Mitchella and Sevon. The Second Alliance Air Wing was at 75% of full strength.
- Command Regiment
- Second Regiment
| Closest 28 systems (25 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 119, "Sevon"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 21, "Sevon Planet Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 114, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 115, "Sevon"
- The Periphery, First Edition, p. 37, "The Pitcairn Legion"
- The Periphery, First Edition, p. 37, "Fierce Foes"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 116, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Day of Vengeance"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns After Age of War -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 36, "Outworlds Alliance Militia Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 98, "Outworlds Alliance - ] Map
- First Succession War, p. 24-25, "Inner Sphere - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 112-113, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 77, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 28, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map "
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 155, "Defending Units (On Planet)"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 24, "Alliance Military Command"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 129, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 174, "Clan Force Deployments - Alliance Militia Corps"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 21, "Alliance Industries Diversified"
- Objectives: Clans, p. 16, "State of the Industry at a Glance (Dec 3079)"
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: The Clans
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Second Succession War