|Chassis||Kallon Type XIX Endo Steel|
|Armor||Starshield A with CASE|
|Engine||KalTek 340 XL|
|Communications System||Newberg Telescan 17|
|Targeting Tracking System||Spar 3C MegaTrak|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double heat sinks|
With a noticeable lack of OmniMechs designed in the Federated Suns, Field Marshal Duke George Hasek went over the heads of the Department of the Quartermaster and commissioned Kallon Industries to design an assault OmniMech and backed the project with his own financial resources. The resulting 'Mech is a force to be reckoned with on the modern battlefield. The Templar is built on a lightweight Kallon Type XIX Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a KalTek 340 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 km/h while sacrificing durability. The Templar has thirteen fixed double heat sinks and is armored with sixteen and a half tons of Starshield A armor with CASE fixed in the right torso. Overall, this allows the Templar to have forty tons of free pod space for weapons and equipment which the 'Mech uses effectively in its various configurations.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The primary configuration of the Templar is intended to be able to engage an enemy effectively at any range. For effective long range hitting power, the Templar carries a powerful Gauss Rifle. If the Templar does close with an enemy, it can bring its highly accurate Large Pulse Laser, Medium Pulse Laser, and two ER Medium Lasers to bear on a target. For increased accuracy, the Gauss Rifle and all the lasers are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer. The Templar Prime has a Streak SRM-4 launcher for seeking weak points in an enemy's armor.
- Alt. Config. A
- Intended for long range combat, the Templar A is configured to engage an enemy at long ranges. To do this, it carries an ER PPC as its primary weapon backed up by an Ultra Autocannon/10 which can fire at twice the rate of a standard autocannon. Both of these are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer for increased accuracy. For close combat, the Templar A has a Streak SRM-6 launcher and for increased mobility this configuration has four jump jets, letting it jump up to one hundred and twenty meters. To protect the 'Mech from enemy electronic warfare systems, the 'Mech has a Guardian ECM Suite and to handle the 'Mech's heavy heat load, it has an additional double heat sink. BV (1.0) = 2,047 BV (2.0) = 2,070
- Alt. Config. B
- A workhorse configuration, the Templar B can engage an enemy at either short or long ranges. For long range combat, the Templar B carries an ER PPC. For intermediate ranges, the 'Mech has three Rotary Autocannon/2s and also has two ER Medium Lasers for close combat. To handle the 'Mech's heat load, the Templar B has four additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,451 BV (2.0) = 1,806
- Alt. Config. C
- A close combat configuration, the C configuration of the Templar carries a devastating LB-X Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, which can fire both solid rounds and shotgun-like cluster rounds. Also for close range, the Templar C has five Medium Pulse Lasers and an ER Medium Laser, which can be used to devastating effect at short range. For long range defense, the Templar carries a single ER PPC. To add mobility to the 'Mech, it has four pod-mounted jump jets that let the Templar C jump up to one hundred and twenty meters. An additional heat sink is added to help handle the 'Mech's heat. BV (1.0) = 1,726 BV (2.0) = 2,063
- Alt. Config. E
- A commander's configuration, this variation carries a C3 Master Computer to coordinate fire. To protect itself from hostile electronic systems, it carries a Guardian ECM Suite. Offensively it carries a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, twin Artemis IV-enhanced LRM-15s, and an ER PPC. A Small Laser has also been included. BV (2.0) = 1,865
- Alt. Config. H
- This variation carries an MRM-30 with Apollo FCS in each arm. These are supported by a pair of Light PPCs. An ER Flamer provides anti-infantry support, and a Targeting Computer enhances the accuracy of the energy weapons. A C3 Slave unit allows the Templar to share targeting data with lancemates, and additional mobility is provided via four jump jets. BV (2.0) = 1,958
- Alt. Config. I
- This configuration carries a C3 Slave unit, fifteen double heat sinks, two Heavy PPCs, and a Gauss Rifle. BV (2.0) = 2,202
- Alt. Config. U
- This variant was designed for underwater operations. In addition to four UMUs it is also equipped with a BattleMech HarJel System to prevent hull breaches. Three Medium Pulse Lasers and a Large Pulse Laser provide energy weapon support. An SRT-6 and LRT-10 torpedo launcher increase the odds of breaching an enemy unit's armor. A C3 Slave allows the Templar U to share targeting data with friendly units. BV (2.0) = 1,747
- This configuration was invented by Lieutenant-Colonel Grayson Addison from the 8th Syrtis Fusiliers. The Grayson configuration is armed with two Autocannon/5s for long range combat and has four ER Medium Lasers for close combat. The autocannons and lasers are all linked to a Targeting Computer for increased accuracy. To seek out weak points in an enemy's armor, the Grayson configuration has two Streak SRM-4 launchers. In order to handle its heat load more easily, this configuration has an additional double heat sink and also has three jump jets, which allow it to jump up to ninety meters. BV (1.0) = 1,670BV (2.0) = 1,868
- Configured for Tancred Sandoval, this configuration carries two Rotary Autocannon/5s that can fire at a rate six times as fast as a standard autocannon. These are backed up by three ER Medium Lasers for close combat. For long range engagements, the Tancred configuration has a single ER Large Laser. All of these weapons are linked to a Targeting Computer, giving them increased accuracy. BV (1.0) = 1,708BV (2.0) = 2,273
- A custom configuration used by the Blessed Order's revived First Division's Unending Faith III, the Templar OBLO is based off the Templar Prime, its combat effectiveness enhanced by the removal the Streak SRM-4 launcher and its attendant ammo for an Improved C3 Computer. BV (2.0) = 2,062
- During the FedCom Civil War, both Ardan Sortek and Tancred Sandoval piloted Templars during the final months of the conflict. A final push by pro-Katherine forces led to Sortek's death, making the Templar his last 'Mech.
- Templar III - New version of the Templar, which serves as its replacement due to Kallon's factories on Talon, moon of Wernke, being destroyed during the Jihad.
- MUL online date for the Templar
- Technical Readout: 3067, p.94 - BV 1
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 156
- MUL Profile of Templar including its BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 158
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 159
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 160
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 165
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 173
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 166
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 167
- Spotlight On: Unending Faith, p. 20 "Templar TLR1-OBLO"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 7 Pendragon - Pendragon article notes being loosely based on the original Templar.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 138 Pendragon - Pendragon enters limited production at General Motors plant on New Valencia.