Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Irece nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||179.371 : 293.992[e]|
|Recharge time||179 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Ruler||Khan Santin West (3067)|
|Population|| 3,230,000,000 (3067)|
- 2319 - No record 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3057 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
The planet Irece has three continents, Santana, Salvador and Baiano. It is also the home of a 9.7 kilometer tall mountain known as Tengoku. (Japanese translation of the name is Heaven.) Tengoku reaches into the planet's stratosphere and is located a hundred kilometers from the world's capital city.
During the Fifth Wave of Operation Revival Irece was targeted by Clan Nova Cat's Beta Galaxy, who arrived in-system on 22 December 3051. Irece was strategically significant for being home to LexaTech Industries, the last remaining manufacturer of Land-Air 'Mechs in the entire Inner Sphere, and so the elite Eighteenth Dieron Regulars commanded by Tai-sa Basil Itemji had been sent to defend the planet. Tai-sa Itemji answered the the Nova Cat's batchall and asked for the battle to take place outside the LexaTech facility to minimize potential collateral damage. Suspecting Inner Sphere skullduggery, Galaxy Commander Rosse banned the use of bidding by his subordinates and decided to attack with the full force of Beta Galaxy.
The Galaxy Commander's suspicions had paid off, as the defenders had set up numerous artillery positions and constructed hardened defensive lines to create a layered defense leading back to the factory itself. Taking a cautious approach, Galaxy Commander Rosse landed his forces outside of the artillery's range and instead unleashed his aerospace forces, which quickly gained air superiority and knocked out the big guns. For the next few days fighting was intense, and the Nova Cats quickly abandoned zellbrigen when the DCMS warriors refused to comply, unleashing their full fury and forcing the Eighteenth to abandon their first line of defenses and retreat to their second. Fighting here was also brutal, with the 179th Striker Cluster nearly wiped out when it was caught up in an ambush laid by an assault battalion.
By the fourth day Rosse stooped to sending a Star of "headhunter" Elementals to liquidate the Eighteenth's commander structure, however their sneak attack was betrayed by a local bird species known as the 'squawk'. The regiment's command company was able to get into their 'Mechs and destroy the Elementals through concentrated fire, but in the process destroyed the woodland which had been providing them cover, forcing a fighting retreat to the next defensive line. Tai-sa Itemji responded to this attack by sending the 412th DEST company on a nighttime raid against his counterpart's command Trinary for the same purpose. Although they were eventually destroyed, the DEST commandos succeeded in destroying 20 OmniMechs and killing Galaxy Commander Rosse.
Star Colonel Brian Lossey took command of Beta Galaxy, and building on his fallen predecessor's original battle plan systematically weakened the Dieron Regulars through a series of raids, forcing them to fall back further and further to the doorstep of the LexaTech factory. When Star Colonel Lossey sent a Trinary to strike the facility directly, Tai-sa Itemji played his last card and wiped the unit out with an artillery strike; their position revealed, the artillery was wiped out by Nova Cat air attacks. In their final stand on the grounds of the factory itself the surviving Dieron Regulars planned to use explosives throughout the complex in one final bid to deny the asset to the Nova Cats. However, Star Colonel Lossey had suspected such a plan and dispatched Elemental teams to disarm the devices, largely succeeding in their task. The remnants of the Eighteenth were finally crushed and the planet, along with the vital factory, fell to the Nova Cats.
Although the Combine feared LexaTech's LAMs would soon be turned against them by the Nova Cats, information came in just weeks after the planet's fall that the factory had been razed to the ground. The Clans in general viewed the concept of the Land-Air 'Mech as an abomination, being not quite a 'Mech or a fighter and so unfit for use. Clan Nova Cat had felt the same way and fought hard to take the planet so it would have the personal pleasure of destroying the facility themselves. According to some reports Nova Cat warriors were seen melting the computer chips necessary for LAM functionality by hand.
For Operation BULLDOG, the Second An Ting Legion invaded Irece which, at the time, was defended by Clan Nova Cat's Fifth Garrison Cluster. Control of the planet was decided in a drinking contest; the Draconis Combine representative Ewan Paltrow won and Clan Nova Cat relinquished the world.
When Clan Nova Cat was Abjured and fled back to the Inner Sphere, they were welcomed by Coordinator Theodore Kurita, who allowed the survivors to relocate within his territory and set up the Irece Prefecture. New Barcella, formerly a small town, was transformed by the Clan into its new capital in late 3050s and it was renamed after former homeworld lost in Clan Space. The city has its own spaceport, named Rosse Spaceport.
All the world's manufacturing capabilities were controlled by Clan Nova Cat. The DCMS maintained a prefecture headquarters on the world, but this was more of a liaison or oversight position, since the Nova Cats defend the entire Irece Prefecture.
On the 19th of June 3072 the defenses that the Nova Cats had in place around Irece were able to prevent a nuclear raid by Word of Blake forces. A month later on the 21st of July, Nova Cat forces from Irece attempted to assault the Blakist troops on Luthien, suffering severe losses in the process.
Second Combine-Dominion WarEdit
On June 30th 3100, a task force of two Clan Ghost Bear Galaxies launched raid of Nova Cat's planetary capital of New Barcella. Consisting of the Beta and Omega Galaxies, these two forces would split off after landing on planet. While Beta fought a long strung battle over night to destroy the Cat's factories. The Omega Galaxy would wait for dawn to attack the city itself and kill Nova Cat Khan Ajax Drummond. Battle to breech the city's defense would prove to be difficult, with Galaxy Commander choosing to preserve his forces and send two waves of Type 50 Cruise missiles from his DropShips. Missile bombardment would wreck the city, while another wave would be sent to aid Beta Galaxy's battle at factory complexes which had gotten stalemated by the Nova Cat defenders. Two Galaxies would laid waste to bother city and complexes thinking they had completed their tasks. After their departure on July 9th, Khan Drummond would be found alive, while Nova Cat's genetic legacies would be found intact in bunkers. However, Nova Cat's forces on planet would be destroyed with Clan's last means to rebuild self lost.
After the conflict ended officially in 3102, Clansmen would be forced to live in culture preservation zones. This would end up separating them from the general population who had been tainted by Black Dragon Society propaganda to thinking the Clan was at fault for the conflict.
- Fifth Garrison Cluster 
| Closest 28 systems (27 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 80, "Irece"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 17, "Irece"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Irece Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Invading Clans, p. 112-113
- Invading Clans, p. 114
- Field Manual Comstar, p. 120
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 36-37 The Fall/Wave - 4 Irece - Invasion of Irece during the Second Combine-Dominion War and it's after effects.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 36-37 The Fallout - Nova Cat Clan is separated from the Combine's population due to anti-Clan bias created by the Black Dragon's Society.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 256, "SLDF - Draconis Combine Military Command Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139, "Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 35
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 128, "Nova Cats Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 127, "Nova Cat Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 100, "Clan Nova Cat Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 130, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 67, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Table - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Draconis Combine"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Barcella Battle Armor Facility"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Barcella Beta"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Irece Alpha"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Irece Delta Refit Center"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Barcella - LAW"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Invading Clans
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objectives: Draconis Combine
- Objectives: The Clans