Hey Fred, Just a heads up that I have removed your notable pilot insert from the Atlas article as Bryant Foster is likely not really notable.. But I have used your work as the basis for the character to have his own article. Bryant Foster. I am likely going to be doing this to a few of your inserts (I presume they are yours.. You have only signed in once but there have been a few IPs doing very simikar work to you).--Dmon (talk) 10:43, 30 October 2018 (EDT)
- Hey Fred,
- Now we have opened lines of communication and sorted out the referencing problem, I want to bring your attention back to the first message I ever left you. You added Marcus Poling to the Caesar article and Carl Yaeger to the Kit Fox article. These guys are not very notable, but we are a wiki, so what I would like to ask you to do is instead of adding characters like these to the 'Mech articles maybe consider creating a character article instead. It is ok for such articles to be really short (called stubs) and it will free up the "Notable pilots" section for really important people (The other two characters in the Kit Fox article are perfect examples of what we want in Phelan Wolf and Connor Rood).--Dmon (talk) 17:31, 4 April 2019 (EDT)
I see you are having trouble when trying to add references. Instructions can be found here: Help:References
Don't hesitate to ask for assistance if you need it. --Cache (talk) 14:00, 26 February 2019 (EST)
Breaking wiki rulesEdit
Fred, I have removed your edit from the Paul Moon article for the second time as it breaks the Policy:Moratorium of the wiki. Also two days ago you removed a  tag from the Akira Brahe without actually adding a correct reference, both these acts can fall under Policy:Disruptive editing as such if this behavior continues it could result your removal from the site. Several members of the community have reached out to you and we would rather work with you than ban you but the ball is in your court.--Dmon (talk) 11:43, 28 February 2019 (EST)
Bringing articles up to standardEdit
Hey Fred, Please could you take a look at Republic Remnant and Stone's Coalition and possibly try to bring them upto a standard that is closer to the rest of the wiki. They are completely unreferenced and not to be harsh but they really are poor and probably need a complete reformat and possibly a rewrite to be of any use to the wiki.
Your article on Ean is much better and I was able to find the source material and at least tweak it to broadly meet wiki standards, BUT it could still do with some more care.--Dmon (talk) 16:39, 14 March 2019 (EDT)
Hi Fred, i'm not sure if your able to response here, so i will try to explain. Each time you add information to a article, you add info. You need do a reference from where you came from. Example your Omega entry, where you said there was a functional Omega in Solaris. Where is this from? We need know the book, page, add it to a ref to it so we don't look like were making stuff up. I vaguely recall reading this, but i'm unsure where. Can you respond to this? you can do it by editing this by typing under where i'm typing with --Edit like normal, then do swish sign. next to the "1" on your English based keyboard. ---- Wrangler (talk) 11:43, 20 March 2019 (EDT) +1like this?
Hey Fred, I just wanted to say thank you for starting to put references in your work. I was growing frustrated having to delete so much of your work, the whole process was wasting both your time and mine. I hope this improvement is the first step towards us being able to work together in a positive manner.--Dmon (talk) 18:45, 1 April 2019 (EDT)
- Thanks, Dmon. The reality is I didn't put references because I don't know how to do it. Now I have learned it how to do, i feel stupid. It was so simple! Have a nice day! Fred.
Hey, Dmon. Can I ask you help? I don't know how i can move or add an image on the Wiki. Can you tell me some advice? Thanks, Fred.
- The best way to do it is Upload file page on the left sidebar of the wiki. Is this to do with what ever it was you where trying to upload to the Exterminator article? If so leave out the mention of Andrey in connection to that art unless you can prove it is him.--Dmon (talk) 15:00, 8 April 2019 (EDT)
Hi Dmon, thanks for the tips. And the Andrey Affair, for call him somehow, no, I haven't read nothing about it, but, frankly, who more can be the pilot? Think about it: the front page of the books usually show one of the key battles or incidents of the book. Andery's death was one of the biggest key points in the campaign. The Mech is a Exterminator. The only known Exterminator pilot in the Klondike campaign was Andery. Behind him you can see a very big skyscrapper, so it must be a very big city... and he died in the capital of Pentagon homeworlds, alone, in a urban fight, like the one shows in the front page. And if you look well the Mech, you can see it shows Clan Wolf i8nsignias, and Andery join the clan Wolf before the battle. Think what you wish, but I have no doubt it shows Andery Kerensky's death. Fred.
- I am not saying it is not Andrey, You are probably right. However what I am saying is try to keep speculation to a minimum unless there is a need. I did some speculation on my Marie Rose article because of potentially conflicting information about when she died. Speculating on that exterminator does not really bring any new information to the article, a very cool image yes but but unless we can prove it is him, we are speculating for the sake of speculating rather than providing information. Does that make sense?--Dmon (talk) 19:12, 14 April 2019 (EDT)
Yes, it does. Sorry, is my nature. As i am a writer, I am a real perfectionist. I want to explain everything, every question, point every possibility... My fault. Thanks. F
Fred, I reworded your recent addition to The Filthy Lucre article as several sentences appeared to be copied directly from the source material. Please be careful to avoid this.--Cache (talk) 19:41, 5 April 2019 (EDT)
- I'm sorry, Cache. I don't know i cannot copy directly the texts. Don't worry, i keep that in mind and don't make that mistake again. Fred.
Hi Fredericmora. I've seen you are adding a lot of information in the Notable Pilot section of several Mechs. That section should only be a short reference for the person, something like Star Colonel XYZ from Clan 123, and then link the pilot XYZ to its own article where you can out all the information on him/her.--Pserratv (talk) 16:04, 14 April 2019 (EDT)
- Ok, thanks for the tip, I will take note of it, but when the only Notable pilots I found are very secondary personages, unworthy of his own page, maybe I write too much. Thanks. F
- No character is unworthy of their own page Fred, we are a wiki that aims one day to have an article for every character in the BTU. So if you want to make character articles for missing characters, that will be a good thing. We even have a template to help. Character Article template--Dmon (talk) 09:54, 19 April 2019 (EDT)