Foster nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||44.164 : 1733.181[e]|
|Recharge time||208 hours|
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2840 - Clan 
- 2920 - Clan 
- 2930 - Clan 
- 3025 - Clan 
- 3030 - Clan 
- 3040 - Clan 
- 3052 - Clan 
- 3057 - Clan 
- 3062 - Clan Coyote - 40%, Clan Fire Mandrill - 30%, Clan Ice Hellion - 30%
- 3067 - Clan Coyote - 40%, Clan Fire Mandrill - 30%, Clan Ice Hellion - 30% 
- 3075 - Clan Goliath Scorpion 
- 3085 - Clan 
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|Ruler||Clans: Coyote, Fire Mandrill, Ice Hellion|
Foster I was initially settled by Clan Blood Spirit in 2858. From the colony's outset, it suffered frequent raids by Clan Blood Spirit's old enemy, Clan Burrock, who was trying to acquire the planet's many raw resources. Less than a decade later, the Burrock raids against the colony and its transport routes to York made the colony unsupportable. In a gesture of good faith, the warriors of Sigma Galaxy bequeathed the holdings to Kindraa Smythe-Jewel of Clan Fire Mandrill.
The Kindraa moved its entire enclave to Foster, though it would not last long in its new home. In 2872, the Kindraa Smythe-Jewel was destroyed by a joint force from Clan Hell's Horses and Clan Coyote. Kindraa Smythe-Jewel had used bidding tactics that the Coyotes considered to be dubious when obtaining the information needed to produce OmniMechs, and used similar tactics when Trialling alongside Kindraa Payne to obtain Elemental breeding rights from the Hell's Horses, while also leaving Kindraa Payne to take the brunt of the casualties. In response, the Horses arranged for a combined bid with the Coyotes for a Trial against the Smythe-Jewels in 2872. The Smythe-Jewels were crushed, with the last few falling after being trapped by Kindraa Payne troops while attempting to flee. The Hell's Horses took half of the genetic legacies and the bulk of the salvage; the Coyotes took the other half of the legacies, the enclave and the remaining salvage, while Kindraa Payne received a small share of each. The Trial also served as the debut for the Hell's Horses new Black Hawk OmniMech.
During the Hellion's Fury campaign, Foster was hit by Clan Ice Hellion. They challenged a Kindraa Kline unit for control of their enclave, and the Hellions won that Trial. The Trial of Possession took place in a vast swamp known as the Cauldron.
- According to a blog posting by author Blaine Lee Pardoe, he named the Foster system after comedian Foster Brooks back when he created the first map of Clan space (for the 1991 Wolf Clan Sourcebook).
| Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 233, "The Wars of Reaving Campaign"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 5
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- Wars of Reaving p. 248
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 41, 42 - "Righteous Vengeance"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 39 - "Striking from Solitude"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54, 55 - "Hell's Fury"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 39 - "Death of a Kindraa"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 9, 10 - "Bad Blood"
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 36, "Black Hawk"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 35