Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Shiloh nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-88.149 : -4.964[e]|
|Recharge time||169 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||None (3067)|
The Delta Taurus system is also called Shiloh, after its primary inhabited world.
Planetary flag of Shiloh
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plant, 10%|
|Ruler|| Blessed Leader Elena Kubayshev (3025)|
Governor Yvgenny Kubayshev (3130)
Legate Martin Walter (3130)
|Population|| 1,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)|| B|
Precentor Ilsa DeSuevo (3025)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Inhabited world 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2790 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2838 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2917 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from August) 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until mid-July) 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
The low level of resources on Shiloh - including water - made the planet an unappealing choice for colonization efforts during the First Exodus from Terra, but the planet attracted the attention of a religious group known as the Exituri. The Exituri were a secretive religious sect whose beliefs blended together a mix of elements from various different faiths including Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and even Paganism. Ideological reasons drove the Exituri to choose to leave Terra early in the Exodus, and the order colonized Shiloh, creating a theocratic society known as the Bhagavad-Gita based on their religious precepts. Although Shiloh became a member of the Federation of Skye region of the Lyran Commonwealth during the Age of War, the planet remained largely isolated, taking little active role in interplanetary politics. Limited to the most primitive methods for both industry and farming by their religious tenets, the small population supported itself as best it could, and the little trade the locals engaged in consisted largely of exporting local handcrafts in exchange for water.
Star League EraEdit
The local population was notable for it's strong religious beliefs and anti-technology stance during the Star League era, and even at the height of the Star League the local Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces garrison found it a constant struggle to avoid fighting with - or mingling with - the local population. During the Star League era mining operations had been conducted on Shiloh, extracting rare stone crystals known as Shuksam and Mirst from the Fald Plains region of Shiloh.
First Succession WarEdit
Shiloh was one of a number of Lyran Commonwealth captured by the Free Worlds League between 2786 and 2790, as the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces began to crack under the pressure of continuing efforts to annex the Bolan Thumb while also attempting to maintain a defensive posture against both the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery and the Free Worlds League Military.
Second Succession WarEdit
Shiloh was conquered by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces August 2838 while the Free Worlds League was under a communications interdiction imposed by ComStar. The loss of Shiloh was one of the defeats that led to Captain-General Charles Marik being forced to capitulate to ComStar's terms for ending the interdiction.
Third Succession WarEdit
The Free Worlds League finally gained control of Shiloh in 2917, after the planet had been the target of numerous raids and invasions conducted by the Commonwealth and the League throughout the Succession Wars. Despite numerous rebellions launched by the population against the hard-line theocratic government, the leadership of the Exituri maintained almost complete control over the planet during the Succession Wars, preaching that their Divinity no longer recognized mankind because of mankind's increasing dependence on the tools of science and warfare, condemning the evils of advanced technology. This condemnation extended to all the Great Houses, whom the Exituri held responsible for all of the tragedies experienced by the human race, not just the more recent Succession Wars.
Shiloh was raided by the Tenth Skye Rangers at some point between 3007 and 3017; accompanying the Rangers was the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars, following a request from Cranston Snord to join the raid. Snord's interest in Shiloh was the rare stone crystals mined during the Star League era, and given his reputation as a troublemaker, the Rangers were happy to allow the Regulars to spend their time scouting the Fald Plains. Snord did identify a shuksam deposit after a few weeks, but had to fight a running battle with League forces to successfully extract a quantity of the crystals.
The Word of Blake managed to secure full control over the government of Shiloh by non-violent means, occupying the world and incorporating it into the Protectorate in July 3068. Blakist agents had been subverting the ancient Exituri government for years prior to the Jihad, and within months of the Jihad beginning the Blakist's washed away the Exituri rule. Replacing the absolute theocratic government of Shiloh with their own technotheocray, the Blakist's were able to shape the Exituri youth into a new kind of fanatical grouping, dedicated to the causes of chaos and death. The Blakist's were soon using Shiloh as a training ground for MechWarriors and commandos, and the planet became a favored location for Blakist "reeducation camps".
It was in the Shiloh system on the 22nd of August 3070 that two Word of Blake WarShips - the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Impetuous and the Black Lion-class battlecruiser WoBS Xanthos - were destroyed in an ambush staged by rebel WarShips - specifically the Eagle-class frigates FWLS Galahad and FWLS Lancelot and the Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Menelaus.
Allied coalition forces including elements from Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf liberated Shiloh as a part of Operation SCOUR on the 10th of June 3077. Shiloh was liberated by forces from the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR; Shiloh was considered significant enough that the front commander, Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner, assigned two complete Groups to the attack on the world. In addition to the Protectorate Militia forces, the Blakist's had also moved the Sixth Free Worlds Legionnaires and a contingent from one of the Shadow Divisions onto Shiloh; as a result, when the Lyran front forces landed, the Com Guard First Army suffered heavy losses at the hands of the Manei Domini. The Manei Domini used civilians as unwitting suicide bombers, and as the Com Guard forces reeled, used the advantage to drive the attacking forces back off Shiloh.
Following the retreat from Shiloh, forces from Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon worked together, initially using one of Shiloh's moons as a rallying point; the two Clans set aside their traditional rivalry and antagonism to execute a combined drop onto the main Word of Blake base of operations on Shiloh. They then held the drop zone in the face of Blakist counterattacks and two tactical nuclear strikes, allowing the remaining Lyran forces to land. The successful liberation of Shiloh was announced in a news broadcast by Myra Kellison of Tharkad Media Associates on the 18th of July 3077, who hailed the remarkable situation of rival clans working together to protect Lyran forces against a common enemy as a tantalizing sign of hope that a peaceful coexistence between opposing factions may be possible.
The incorporation of Shiloh into the Republic of the Sphere effectively marked a rebirth for the planet, driven by the Republic government establishing economic initiatives to bolster the planetary economy, and the arrival of new residents. The local government was rebuilt in the image of the Republic, although various Exituri sects were still present on Shiloh, even if they were no longer able to exercise control over the government.
Shiloh is a windy, arid and nearly barren world. With relatively little surface water present on the planet, what surface water does exist takes the form of numerous scattered lakes, seas and interconnecting rivers. The climate the planet, combined with the lack of resources, made it a relatively unappealing world for colonization.
- Ninth Skye Rangers
- Gryphons (from October 3039)
- Third Sirian Lancers
| Closest 64 systems (64 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Zosma||38.4||New Dallas||39.0||New Kyoto||41.2||Mizar||42.2|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 197, "Shiloh"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 72, "Planet Profile"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 160, "Planet Guide"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 62, "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 33, "At War With ComStar"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 39 "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 29, "Shiloh Falls"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18-19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 26-27 (Scenario "Operation Road Runner")
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 26-27 (Scenario "Operation Road Runner")
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 108-109 & Blake Ascending, pp. 268-269 "Fleet Advisory: Shiloh"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140, "Free Worlds League Military"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 38, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 170, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- 20 Year Update
- Blake Ascending
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids